Why does everyone hate scrap men??

but if they know that there items are going to be stolen wether its right or not isnt the solution to keep it safe and locked away???

Please stop condoning theft. You are doing more harm to the reputation of scrapmen than any of the posters you are complaining about on SF.

You are the only one on this thread with the view that stealing someone's property is acceptable. But we are all wrong, and you're right? :rolleyes:

obviously not seen as everyone is saying there things get stolen you would think that people would learn from it wouldnt you?

And in general they do but no one should be expected to constantly be locking things away for fear of them being stolen and in the case of an old washing machine for example why would we?

Let me ask you this. If a tumble dryer is left out and is stolen who do you think is taking it?

why dnt you go to bed if its bothering you? and i wouldnt leave it outside if i wanted it i would have it the house. if you think im saying it alright to steal your wrong.

So you condemn theiving scrapmen then alissa1? Finally, progress, well done!

why dnt you go to bed if its bothering you? and i wouldnt leave it outside if i wanted it i would have it the house. if you think im saying it alright to steal your wrong.

I obviously need to be more specific. It's an old no longer working no longer wanted but not yet taken to the recycle yard by myself in my own car but, it gets stolen. Who do you think takes it?

So you keep:

the lead flashing off your roof

all of your garden furniture

the manhole covers and coal hole covers from around your house

the brass furniture from off your outside doors and

the light fittings from the outside of your house

all inside your house so that they aren't stolen then?

Actually you're going one step further..you are holding the victim responsible. Which would suggest you're an apologist for a thief or are one?

Archived