Great Burger Challenge

LeeJames

From Sheffield.org.uk:-

Tasty pizzas and burgers"

A review of Bibi's Pizza by Pizzalover - Sunday 29th of April 2007

Lovely burgers i go all the time and great pizzas too the owner is pretty nice too i think u know who i am xxxxxxxxx

• 1 month later...

Well we have a new #1 burger place in town...

Just tried the mud crab (previously felicini) and the burger is fantastic.

3 patties , cooked pink and dribbling meaty juices, with soft onions and cheese in between and a very nice sauce.

Bun very good too , overall miles better than most in Sheffield and even better than London club ( my previous #1).

We also had nachos which were very good too with lots of fresh guacamole .

Service was very efficient but nice and informal. Good buzz in the place, with lots eating but some just in for cocktails.

Negatives? Only minor , soft drinks are expensive at £2 (and only mixer pop). Fries were a little salty (but otherwise very good , ask for them unsalted perhaps). Burgers aren't cheap at £9.50 , personally I would rather just have the burger without fries for a bit less and add a couple of sides or a salad.

( going off at a tangent now , whenever I have been to the USA, the straws in the drinks are individually paper wrapped and when they come to the table they leave the end of the wrapper on top of the straws , just a little touch (which makes you know you have a fresh hygienic straw) but never seen anywhere in the uk do that...just struck me that the mud crab could do this at minimal cost and would be a nice touch . plus USA places always bring you big glasses of fresh iced water without even asking , something the uk could well pick up on..)

Didn't have a pudding (we were going to have the baked alaska but they had run out of vanilla ice cream) but we did have their homemade Oreos which were pretty good.

Decent coffee at resonable price (£1 for espresso ).

Heading back next week for a birthday, will see if they can keep up the quality.

You shouldn't eat burgers pink. Minced products should always be cooked through until no blood is seen in the juice, unless you fancy playing Russain roulette with food posioning. The bits of minced meat could have bugs on the outside of them so it needs cooking through thoroughly.

Here is a link for those who will doubt what I say it true.

http://www.ukmeat.org/pdf/MIG3Final.pdf

Well we have a new #1 burger place in town...

Just tried the mud crab (previously felicini) and the burger is fantastic.

3 patties , cooked pink and dribbling meaty juices, with soft onions and cheese in between and a very nice sauce.

Bun very good too , overall miles better than most in Sheffield and even better than London club ( my previous #1).

We also had nachos which were very good too with lots of fresh guacamole .

Service was very efficient but nice and informal. Good buzz in the place, with lots eating but some just in for cocktails.

Negatives? Only minor , soft drinks are expensive at £2 (and only mixer pop). Fries were a little salty (but otherwise very good , ask for them unsalted perhaps). Burgers aren't cheap at £9.50 , personally I would rather just have the burger without fries for a bit less and add a couple of sides or a salad.

( going off at a tangent now , whenever I have been to the USA, the straws in the drinks are individually paper wrapped and when they come to the table they leave the end of the wrapper on top of the straws , just a little touch (which makes you know you have a fresh hygienic straw) but never seen anywhere in the uk do that...just struck me that the mud crab could do this at minimal cost and would be a nice touch . plus USA places always bring you big glasses of fresh iced water without even asking , something the uk could well pick up on..)

Didn't have a pudding (we were going to have the baked alaska but they had run out of vanilla ice cream) but we did have their homemade Oreos which were pretty good.

Decent coffee at resonable price (£1 for espresso ).

Heading back next week for a birthday, will see if they can keep up the quality.

You shouldn't eat burgers pink. Minced products should always be cooked through until no blood is seen in the juice, unless you fancy playing Russain roulette with food posioning. The bits of minced meat could have bugs on the outside of them so it needs cooking through thoroughly.

I like steak blue and I like my burgers pink.

I lived in the States for 6 years and always order burgers m/r. French service stations serve their burgers m/r unless you ask.

Never had food poisoning so I must be extremely lucky or the chance or getting it is very low.

Sorry but you are talking rubbish

temperature is the key...

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/Color_of_Cooked_Ground_Beef/index.asp

you clearly havent a clue:loopy: never mind burgers served pink, how about steak tatare??? totally raw minced or chopped fillet, the risk is in the person preparing the food not the ingredients, all food has a risk cooked or uncooked if the bacteria is present, in a proper environment with professionals the risk is minimal!

you clearly havent a clue:loopy: never mind burgers served pink, how about steak tatare??? totally raw minced or chopped fillet, the risk is in the person preparing the food not the ingredients, all food has a risk cooked or uncooked if the bacteria is present, in a proper environment with professionals the risk is minimal!

I eat burgers pink usually, but only if I know it's decent meat (as I'd hope steak tartare would be).

The loopy smiley is a little harsh when the NHS website actually tells people to cut their burgers in half to check that they aren't pink.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/homehygiene/Pages/Foodhygiene.aspx

Archived