Roots boosting: We are all born as atheists..

How would everyone be an atheist if the word isn't there.
By not believing in god/s. We've been through this.

If there are no believers how can there be non believers.
?!?! Think about it for a second.

If no-one believes, then everyone is a non believer. That's what the 'non' part means.

You can't be described as one if the other does not exist. To be a non believer implies that there are believers.
No it doesn't.

For example. I do not believe in the existence of the magical omnipotent entity called Steve Jimeluluwabor.

No-one else does either, because I just made that name up. Every single person in the world is an a'jimeluluwaborist. The fact that they have never heard of him doesn't matter.

No I don't but then apple isn't used to describe something that isn't an orange whereas atheist is used to describe someone that isn't a believer or it's a name they give themselves. If the orange didn't exist the apple is still an apple.

But that's not what you said before, this is....

Therefore, being an atheist is the opposite of someone who is not.

So you would have to also say that an apple is the opposite of any fruit which is not.

By not believing in god/s. We've been through this.

?!?! Think about it for a second.

If no-one believes, then everyone is a non believer. That's what the 'non' part means.

No it doesn't.

For example. I do not believe in the existence of the magical omnipotent entity called Steve Jimeluluwabor.

No-one else does either, because I just made that name up. Every single person in the world is an a'jimeluluwaborist. The fact that they have never heard of him doesn't matter.

This is what I meant yesterday. I'm struggling to put my point across.

Try it this way. If I was a non believer what exactly am I a non believer of if, what I am not believing in isn't and has never been there.

You have invented a name for us all not to believe in i get that. What I'm saying is that these names of gods/deity's whatever have not been, were never introduced to us so we cannot be described as non believers.

Try it this way. If I was a non believer what exactly am I a non believer of if, what I am not believing in isn't and has never been there.

You have invented a name for us all not to believe in i get that. What I'm saying is that these names of gods/deity's whatever have not been, were never introduced to us so we cannot be described as non believers.

You are right you wouldn't be a non believer in God but you would have a lack of belief in the existence of God so would be an atheist.

Try it this way. If I was a non believer what exactly am I a non believer of

everything that you don't believe in, and that includes all of the infinite things that you've never heard of.

You have invented a name for us all not to believe in i get that.
Good, do you also get that no-one believes in Steve whatever-it-was?

And if so, surely you'll concede that your previous position that "To be a non believer implies that there are believers." is not true.

There are no believers in Steve, but everyone in the whole world is a non believer.

What I'm saying is that these names of gods/deity's whatever have not been, were never introduced to us so we cannot be described as non believers.
Yes we can.

There are thousands of gods that you don't believe in and have never heard of. The fact that you've never heard of them doesn't change the fact that you don't believe in them.

I don't believe in any of the gods I've heard of, like Yahweh, Odin, Horus etc.

But I also don't believe in any of the gods I haven't heard of. I'm gonna go and find a new one:

OK, I just read about Boldogasszony, who is apparently some old Hungarian god of motherhood or something like that.

I had never heard of her until 2 minutes ago. Yet 3 minutes ago I did not believe in her. (just for the record, I still don't!)

You don't need to have heard of something in order to not believe it. You only need to have heard of something in order to say that you don't believe in it specifically.

No i disagree and there is a greater expalnation for what I want to say so perhaps someone else will come up with it. I believe they will.

I think the debate goes beyond your insistence to be correct and I'll concede if it can be proven that you are right. I don't think it can be.

Fun though

No i disagree and there is a greater expalnation for what I want to say so perhaps someone else will come up with it. I believe they will.

I think the debate goes beyond your insistence to be correct and I'll concede if it can be proven that you are right. I don't think it can be.

Fun though

Do you belief deloinatoads exist. If your answer isn’t yes then you lack belief.

Archived