Roots boosting: We are all born as atheists..

No i disagree and there is a greater expalnation for what I want to say so perhaps someone else will come up with it. I believe they will.

I think the debate goes beyond your insistence to be correct and I'll concede if it can be proven that you are right.

I have proven I'm right to all intents and purposes. I've given clear logical arguments that you have not been able to find any fault with.

Do you belief deloinatoads exist. If your answer isn’t yes then you lack belief.

Had this earlier with a guy named Steve Jimeluluwabor. I was told he was made up and I suspect that you have done the same. If neither exist there is nothing to disbelieve.

I have proven I'm right to all intents and purposes. I've given clear logical arguments that you have not been able to find any fault with.

Your argument has been lucid and conducted politely which is great. I just don't accept your way of thinking as correct You are right in your own mind as I am in mine let's leave it at that.

No i disagree and there is a greater expalnation for what I want to say so perhaps someone else will come up with it. I believe they will.

I think the debate goes beyond your insistence to be correct and I'll concede if it can be proven that you are right. I don't think it can be.

Fun though

I'm not insisting to be correct, I'm just working by your method of reasoning.

We are born what we are. That is, without belief. Only, an ubiquitous, undifferentiated feeling of oneness, without thought or concept.

We soon lose this state, and our innate sense of self is replaced with all manner of mental concoption.

To my mind, I would consider an athiest to be one who actively engages the thought 'there is no god'. Rather, than one who gives the concept of god, no thought at all.

Basically there are two options, either babies are born believing in god/s, or they are born atheists. There is no third option.

I can see (at least, there are more) three distinct positions, a person may hold.

1. Belief there is a god.

2. Belief there is no god.

3. Not engaging in either belief.

2 and 3 are not the same.

What you choose to label each of those positions, is a matter of symantics, and does not alter the fact that they are distinct from each other.

We are born what we are. That is, without belief.

That right there is the literal translation of the word atheist.

I can see (at least, there are more) three distinct positions, a person may hold.

3. Not engaging in either belief.2 and 3 are not the same.

What you choose to label each of those positions, is a matter of symantics, and does not alter the fact that they are distinct from each other.

A belief that there is no God (antitheist) is not the same as being without belief in God (atheist).

An atheist can also not engage in either belief.

3. Not engaging in either belief.

2 and 3 are not the same.

True, but 2 and 3 are both atheism.

You've just broadened it out.

Either you believe in god, or you don't. There is no third option there.

If you don't, you might actually believe there is no god, but not necessarily, that is a different question.

A belief that there is no God (antitheist) is not the same as being without belief in God (atheist).

An atheist can also not engage in either belief.

Surely it's entirely possible to not believe in god at the same time as believing there is no god, in fact inevitable.

Archived