Roots boosting: We are all born as atheists..

You can still be an agnostic if you're an atheist, like me, and pretty much every other atheist I've ever met.

Yes i'm still getting to grips with your knowing a large proportion of the worlds population but as yet we haven't met and I am not an atheist.

You can still be an agnostic if you're an atheist, like me, and pretty much every other atheist I've ever met.

I'm firmly in the atheist camp, I was an atheist when I was born, when I was Christened, when I was sent to Sunday school, when I was confirmed, when I did bible study and when I went to church.

I'm firmly in the atheist camp, I was an atheist when I was born, when I was Christened, when I was sent to Sunday school, when I was confirmed, when I did bible study and when I went to church.

Yet it looks like your background is anything but. Are you a rebel Mr Smith?

Yet it looks like your background is anything but. Are you a rebel Mr Smith?

No I started life without a belief in God and the more I studied the more convinced I became that God does not exist.

My parents aren’t atheists and I respect their beliefs they are firmly in the Christian camp.

Apparently not no. I'm an agnostic :)

Atheist agnostic (post #155) ;)

By that criteria a monkey or ape is also an atheist as they also have no belief and as said so is a rock or tree.

Its just semantic trickery and as such I agree with all you say, end of..

LOLWHUT?

How the hell can the raw definition, the literal translation of atheism be symantic trickery???

Throughout the entire thread I've stuck to these 4 words:

Without belief in God

It is yourself and Murphy who keep trying to change it or add more to it.

Also, I don't have a problem with anyone describing a monkey etc as atheistic as long as the criteria is met.

Archived