Roots boosting: We are all born as atheists..

If he is old enough to make such a decision then he is hardly a newborn is he?

Also what you are describing is an atheist agnostic :help:

Lets forget the age of the baby for now shall we.

An agnostic knows that just because there is no physical proof of the existence of a higher being, it does not automatically mean that one does not exist.

Lets forget the age of the baby for now shall we.

An agnostic knows that just because there is no physical proof of the existence of a higher being, it does not automatically mean that one does not exist.

That description does not exclude theism or atheism.

Agnosticism is not a separate, third option. It overlaps theism and atheism.

It is impossible to neither be a theist or an atheist, seeing as atheist simply means 'not a theist'. If you are not a theist, you are an atheist. If you are a theist, you are not an atheist. Agnosticism is not the middle ground between the two positions, there is none.

That description does not exclude theism or atheism.

Agnosticism is not a separate, third option. It overlaps theism and atheism.

It is impossible to neither be a theist or and atheist, seeing as atheist simply means 'not a theist'. If you are not a theist, you are an atheist. If you are a theist, you are not an atheist. Agnosticism is not the middle ground between the two positions, there is none.

Go and look it up there's a good chap. If there were no such thing why have the word?

I didn't say there is no such thing. There are loads of agnostics, I'm an agnostic for one. I'm also an atheist.

From the Free Dictionary

ag·nosti·cal·ly adv.

Word History: An agnostic does not deny the existence of God and heaven but holds that one cannot know for certain whether or not they exist. The term agnostic was fittingly coined by the 19th-century British scientist Thomas H. Huxley, who believed that only material phenomena were objects of exact knowledge. He made up the word from the prefix a-, meaning "without, not," as in amoral, and the noun Gnostic. Gnostic is related to the Greek word gnsis, "knowledge," which was used by early Christian writers to mean "higher, esoteric knowledge of spiritual things"; hence, Gnostic referred to those with such knowledge.

definitely agnostic me ;)

As an agnostic atheist what are your considerations of God and/or deitys?

From the Free Dictionary

ag·nosti·cal·ly adv.

Word History: An agnostic does not deny the existence of God and heaven but holds that one cannot know for certain whether or not they exist. The term agnostic was fittingly coined by the 19th-century British scientist Thomas H. Huxley, who believed that only material phenomena were objects of exact knowledge. He made up the word from the prefix a-, meaning "without, not," as in amoral, and the noun Gnostic. Gnostic is related to the Greek word gnsis, "knowledge," which was used by early Christian writers to mean "higher, esoteric knowledge of spiritual things"; hence, Gnostic referred to those with such knowledge.

definitely agnostic me ;)

As an agnostic atheist what are your considerations of God and/or deitys?

Ah good, you're starting to see the differences now. So you've established that you don't KNOW, now answer this.....

Do you BELIEVE?

Ah good, you're starting to see the differences now. So you've established that you don't KNOW, now answer this.....

Do you BELIEVE?

There have been too many occasions where i've sought help for me not to at least hope that someone listens. I want to believe, is the answer to your question. More so, my wife wants me to believe for fear that at the end we wont be together if i do not. I believe in her.

There have been too many occasions where i've sought help for me not to at least hope that someone listens. I want to believe, is the answer to your question. More so, my wife wants me to believe for fear that at the end we wont be together if i do not. I believe in her.

That's a weak dodge Murph !

It's not gonna kill you to give a yes or no. Do you believe?

(I'm not gonna keep asking you after this post, but this is your chance to grasp the whole atheist/agnostic/theist thing)

That's a weak dodge Murph !

It's not gonna kill you to give a yes or no. Do you believe?

(I'm not gonna keep asking you after this post, but this is your chance to grasp the whole atheist/agnostic/theist thing)

Then in view of my previous post I would have to say yes as I can't say no.

And your grounds for concluding that an existence beyond death is contingent upon your believing in a sky pixie are what exactly?

Isn't it every bit bit as possible that any sky pixie might reward people with eternal life after death for not believing things without firm grounds for doing so?

Archived