Drivers shafted again!

Ive been looking over in the Sheffield Chat section, on the "Should Cyclists Be More Accountable" thread.

It seems that any motorist in that room wouldn't stand a chance in an argument, due to the self righteousness and supposed moral superiority of the cyclists.

Any car drivers in there have to listen to the fact that their 'gas guzzlers' negate any argument they have to make.

It is a typical example of how the driver is the bad guy who wouldnt think twice about flattening your kids, while anybody that doesnt drive is some kind of angel destined for a cycle-lane covered, pedestrianised heaven.

Originally posted by jackthedog

Ive been looking over in the Sheffield Chat section, on the "Should Cyclists Be More Accountable" thread.

It seems that any motorist in that room wouldn't stand a chance in an argument, due to the self righteousness and supposed moral superiority of the cyclists.

Any car drivers in there have to listen to the fact that their 'gas guzzlers' negate any argument they have to make.

It is a typical example of how the driver is the bad guy who wouldnt think twice about flattening your kids, while anybody that doesnt drive is some kind of angel destined for a cycle-lane covered, pedestrianised heaven.

This is just a repetition of the other two threads attacking cyclists - and a good example of the attitude some drivers have towards other road users - i.e. a being a bully

This is a situation of the heads I win, tails you lose type. Time and again we attack the government for hidden taxes and this time they've actually come out and said where the new 'tax' will be coming from and to where it's going.

imo the reason we motorists are continually being attacked and penalised is because owning a car is a visible sign that we can afford to pay. The theory, I'm theorising here, may be that we can always downsize our car if the paying becomes a burden.

Personally speaking, anything which helps curb my speed can only be a good thing. Having spent my formative driving years in a Triumph TR3A on the relatively empty roads of NZ in the '70s I find it very difficult not to speed at every opportunity. Knowing that there may be speed cameras around every bend has certainly made me more aware of speed limits.

If there is to be a surcharge on fines which will go towards victims of crime think on this:

The recipient of that money may well be a resident of a more affluent area of Sheffield who has been singled out by the scumbags from the lower classes.

*Somebody please tell me how to do one of those quote box things. It's hard to make a point without them*

"This is just a repetition of the other two threads attacking cyclists - and a good example of the attitude some drivers have towards other road users - i.e. a being a bully"

Dug, when did I bully?

Originally posted by jackthedog

"This is just a repetition of the other two threads attacking cyclists - and a good example of the attitude some drivers have towards other road users - i.e. a being a bully"

Dug, when did I bully?

I'm not accusing you of bullying. However some drivers and their attitude towards other road users, including cyclists, pedestrians, horse riders etc. leads me to believe that they think they own the road. They don't, and it is only to be expected to create a certain reaction when measures are suggested that further marginalize groups.

Archived