Is or has there ever been any of our MP's you trust?

So is or has there ever been any of our MP's you 100% trust??  

23 members have voted

1. 1. So is or has there ever been any of our MP's you 100% trust??

• Yes - Please state who
    • No never

I tried to say yes because I hate being one of these people who are like, "They're all a bunch of lying, deceitful, deceptive, misleading untrustworths"..

..but I can't.

There will never be a politician who isn't because they simply wouldn't get elected.

Who's going to vote for the guy telling us our bins are going to get emptied twice a month, taxes are going to rise and crime is rising under them, over one who tells them they'll get them emptied once a week, taxes will fall and so will crime?

They're all deceitful, it's just the nature of the system.

You have to be deceitful to get elected, it's a prerequisite.

Is anyone incorruptible?

I'm sure there are people who are incorruptible but I bet they're very rare. But in politics, an in-corrupt person wouldn't get elected anyway.

There's certain things that the public just don't want to hear, and wont vote for the people who are saying them, even if it's the truth.

Is anyone incorruptible?

Very probably not. A great many dictators have started out with the best of intentions, and never sought power with the objective of murdering their opponents and salting away billions of dollars... but it always ends the same.

As has been said though, the problem starts with the electorate. Honesty and openness don't win votes in elections - making the other guys look bad is usually what works most successfully.

I'm sure there are people who are incorruptible but I bet they're very rare. But in politics, an in-corrupt person wouldn't get elected anyway.

There's certain things that the public just don't want to hear, and wont vote for the people who are saying them, even if it's the truth.

Which is why i don't undertsand after all this time so many people still vote and think ticking a box every 5 years changes anything?

Dennis skinner. I dislike his politics but I totally trust him to get up in the morning and do his best for his constituents morning, noon and night rather that trying to further his own career. He'll vote with his conscience and what he reckons the good people of bolsover want.

Archived