Cut pay or lose job

Doncaster council to cut employees pay to save 200 jobs, the unions thinks it’s wrong and want people to be made redundant.

A pay cut is the sensible way to go.

Agreed, as long as my debts and outgoings are cut to accommodate. After all we're all in the **** together..right?

That would have the same effect and save money, many companies cut their workers hours to cut overheads when times are hard.

But you never said that...you said wage cut, not equal wage/labour cut. Not all companies follow that reasoning.

But you never said that...you said wage cut, not equal wage/labour cut. Not all companies follow that reasoning.

I know, Sibon said it and I agree with Sibon that it would also work and present the council with a third option that they may not have considered.

Redundancies would also result in the remainder of the workers working harder to cover the lost employees.

For the sake of arguement lets say you earn 200/week

Now your employer comes along as says that the company is in dire straits. It can recover if it cuts it's costs.

That means:

A. You take a 5% pay-cut

B. You're made redundant, You end up on JSA

What would you rather, £190 a week or £65?

I know which one I'd choose.

Archived