Cut pay or lose job

I always find it strange that many people who advocate NOT taking a pay cut are often the last people to volunteer for redundancy, i know several who are taking all kinds of internal transfers not to loose their job but get high and mighty about loosing 4% for 14 months.

You wouldn’t be able to pay them if you lose your job, it’s better to cut back a little instead of a lot, fortunately the sensible decision as been made to save the jobs by cutting the wage.

So the difference in not paying your bills is if you are prepared to flog yourself to death in order not to pay them.

So the difference in not paying your bills is if you are prepared to flog yourself to death in order not to pay them.

Any person flogging themselves to death at work is in the wrong job or working for the wrong people. The remuneration is irrelevant.

How do you trust the Employer ? What i mean is do wages have to be cut to survive or is it just greed, a manager trying to make a name for himself. I 've worked for the same Sheffield company for 23 years and for as long as i can remember it's been the same story , losing money , workers not doing enough , global economy etc etc etc. Would we still be operating if this were the case ? We now have a new "manager" that is radically wanting to change things which involves a 15% pay cut for certain employees , that 15% will affect pension and redundancy in the event of closure , which most of us think is inevitable ( the last 3 places he worked at closed) so i say in this case , lets get on with it and just close. The brunt of these management incompetencies seems to fall on the little guy AGAIN!!!

P.S This guy is a patholgical liar and has been proven to be so , others could be the same.

How do you trust the Employer ? What i mean is do wages have to be cut to survive or is it just greed, a manager trying to make a name for himself. I 've worked for the same Sheffield company for 23 years and for as long as i can remember it's been the same story , losing money , workers not doing enough , global economy etc etc etc. Would we still be operating if this were the case ? We now have a new "manager" that is radically wanting to change things which involves a 15% pay cut for certain employees , that 15% will affect pension and redundancy in the event of closure , which most of us think is inevitable ( the last 3 places he worked at closed) so i say in this case , lets get on with it and just close. The brunt of these management incompetencies seems to fall on the little guy AGAIN!!!

P.S This guy is a patholgical liar and has been proven to be so , others could be the same.

It can't be that bad a place to work if you've been there 23 years..

Money well spent eh to rid the world of an evil tyrant eh? Also I don't think they were purchased especially to attack Libya, they were in the inventory anyway, so it's a bit misleading to suggest that money was found to buy these missiles to attack Libya.

http://www.hmforces.co.uk/armed_forces_news/articles/9421-costing-a-bomb-bill-for-libya-war-seven-times-mod-figure

I don't accept either is necessary.

There are still plenty of other things councils can cut before staff or pay. And they should stop paying extortionate prices for things by shopping around for better deals like ordinary people have to do. They are major purchasers and in a good position to bargain.

If pay has to be cut then Chief Executive and top salaries should be cut first. They can afford it better.

Archived