Cut pay or lose job

They cannot just cut the wages if you have a contract of employment can they? Surely they would have to offer you a new contract with the changed terms on, what happens if peope refuse to sign a new contract of employment, will they make people redundant?

They cannot just cut the wages if you have a contract of employment can they? Surely they would have to offer you a new contract with the changed terms on, what happens if peope refuse to sign a new contract of employment, will they make people redundant?

Yes, its normally written into the contract, the minimum notice period they have to give of any contractual change.

No one in there right mind should agree to a pay cut because there's nothing to stop the employer being cheeky and biting for more. Just when the workforce thinks their safe after making consessions, there's always another crisis to effect jobs.

Sheffield wants to shed 700 jobs this financial year. So the council administration and department managers have already conceeded that they wont be able to offer the same level of services as before. So if any consessions are made by the employees, it should be to work for the same rate but less hours equal to defficet.

I've lost count how many times council employees have pointed out on this sodding forum that the majority of staff are on around 16k, and many of them are part time. Yet, the condem supporters on here still think there's gold plated pensions at 50k + salaries. Unfortunately, only a select few staff get those perks.

Yes, I've spotted the floor in my suggestion. Part time staff can't really conceed many hours. But at least I'm thinking.

Yes, its normally written into the contract, the minimum notice period they have to give of any contractual change.

No one in there right mind should agree to a pay cut because there's nothing to stop the employer being cheeky and biting for more. Just when the workforce thinks their safe after making consessions, there's always another crisis to effect jobs.

Sheffield wants to shed 700 jobs this financial year. So the council administration and department managers have already conceeded that they wont be able to offer the same level of services as before. So if any consessions are made by the employees, it should be to work for the same rate but less hours equal to defficet.

I've lost count how many times council employees have pointed out on this sodding forum that the majority of staff are on around 16k, and many of them are part time. Yet, the condem supporters on here still think there's gold plated pensions at 50k + salaries. Unfortunately, only a select few staff get those perks.

Yes, I've spotted the floor in my suggestion. Part time staff can't really conceed many hours. But at least I'm thinking.

Oh poor dears on thieir £16k a year. What about the thousands in the private sectors doing similar work for 12k or 13k

Oh poor dears on thieir £16k a year. What about the thousands in the private sectors doing similar work for 12k or 13k

Many of those will be in receipt of benefits to make their incomes up to an acceptable level.

Think of it as a sort of state subsidy, for private industry:rolleyes:

I think you will find that employees of any organisation or company exchange their labour for a salary. The don't get it for nothing, and the government does take a proportion of it back in taxes. If you're jealous of public sector workers pay and conditions, rather than moaning about it, if you think you can do the job, apply for it.

Doncaster council to cut employees pay to save 200 jobs, the unions thinks it’s wrong and want people to be made redundant.

A pay cut is the sensible way to go.

It makes me sick to think there are public sector workers who can still afford holidays, while there are some financiers out there having to do without such basic neccessities as indoor swimming pools and heli-pads.

Somebody has to fund the increasing wealth gap between the people who caused the credit crunch and the rest of us. After all, we're all in this together.

Less pay for the riff raff. What a stunningly original concept!

Archived