Cut pay or lose job

Less pay for the riff raff. What a stunningly original concept!

Don't forget the 3% pension contribution increase and the up to five year pay freeze. I think that takes the pay cut over the 25% mark.

Glad to see that the RBS top brass aren't affected in the same way.

Alot of council workers are worth far less than they get anyway.

A lot of company senior managers are not worth their hyper-inflated wages either.

Sadly, they make the rules and the rest of us fund their largesse.

I think you will find that employees of any organisation or company exchange their labour for a salary. The don't get it for nothing, and the government does take a proportion of it back in taxes. If you're jealous of public sector workers pay and conditions, rather than moaning about it, if you think you can do the job, apply for it.

What is so difficult to understand about how the tax system works, most of the tax is paid into the system by big companies, the personal tax most people pay doesn’t get close to paying for the benefits we enjoy. So when low paid private sector employees have to claim tax credits to make their pay up, it is the tax paid by the companies they work for that are paying that tax credit.

Public sector and private sector employee’s aren’t subsidising big companies through the tax system.

I think you will find that employees of any organisation or company exchange their labour for a salary. The don't get it for nothing, and the government does take a proportion of it back in taxes. If you're jealous of public sector workers pay and conditions, rather than moaning about it, if you think you can do the job, apply for it.

Are they doing a lot of recruiting at the moment?

What is so difficult to understand about how the tax system works, most of the tax is paid into the system by big companies, the personal tax most people pay doesn’t get close to paying for the benefits we enjoy. So when low paid private sector employees have to claim tax credits to make their pay up, it is the tax paid by the companies they work for that are paying that tax credit.

Public sector and private sector employee’s aren’t subsidising big companies through the tax system.

dont you mean big companies pay as less tax as they can get away with :loopy: while its employees pay tax as set out by the gov and not getting the same perks as their employer.how can a company paying as little as 1%tax on its profits subsidise its employees who are paying in the region of 30%+ tax themselves?

dont you mean big companies pay as less tax as they can get away with :loopy: while its employees pay tax as set out by the gov and not getting the same perks as their employer.how can a company paying as little as 1%tax on its profits subsidise its employees who are paying in the region of 30%+ tax themselves?

No I meant what I wrote, most of the money the government receive in tax, comes from the richest 10%, the contribution that us mere mortals pay don't cover the services we receive.

The top 1% of earners pay approx 25% of the incometax take..the top 10 % pay over 50% of the income tax take..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8417205.stm

pity we all dont have the same chances as the well off who know how to fiddle the system (erm use loopholes) how many more are doing this:huh: "

I disagree with how much tax the rich pay. It ignores the legitimate loopholes. For example, if I were to work as a consultant with my own limited company, then my company (me) can charge my client a fortune. I then pay my employee (also me) a pittance, and the employee consequently pays even less tax and NI. My company (me) then pays my shareholder (erm...me!) a huge dividend, at less tax and no national insurance. The result is, that although I actually earn a significant wage, technically I earn a pittance, pay tax and NI on it, and get a large dividend on which I pay capital gains. Obviously, if my wife also happens to be a shareholder in my company, then I can split the dividend with her and we both pay less capital gains.

That's why there are probably a significant number of 'actual' high earners who technically appear in the low earners box. That's why your numbers don't stack up."

Engineer, London

Archived