Independence for Scotland - Good or Bad?

The Scottish have never done very much on their own, look at what happened when they tried to set up an independant colony in the new world. Supposing they voted for independence and the Russians invaded, they'd soon want our help.

It's looking more and more likely that there will be a full referendum on Scottish Independence.

Is this a good thing, self determination for a subject people, or the breaking up of a fine Union between British people?

Will there be a scramble to get on the "right" side of Hadrian's Wall come the day?

It would be sad to see the breaking of the union, but if that's what they want then so be it. Although, I do hope they won't be coming to Westminster with cap in hand, to fund their free prescriptions, university places etc etc.

It would be sad to see the breaking of the union, but if that's what they want then so be it. Although, I do hope they won't be coming to Westminster with cap in hand, to fund their free prescriptions, university places etc etc.

As far as I know, the SNP are still labouring under the misapprehension that most of the oil fields in the North Sea would be classed as Scottish territory.

As far as I know, the SNP are still labouring under the misapprehension that most of the oil fields in the North Sea would be classed as Scottish territory.

That's a big issue for my tax dollars too!

Other than that, it's really up to the Scott's.

Yes, it'll be a shame for us to part company. Many of my Scottish relatives and friends think it is a waste of time and makes no difference. If anything it'll be a big waste of money and could potentially be disastrous for Scotland money wise.

Let them have it I say. Then repatriate all Scots in England who spend so much time crooning about their wonderfull homeland. Especially those who claim to be Scottish by virtue of a distant relative being born there. I've always found the plastic jocks to be the worst. Get rid of the lot of 'em!

Archived