Independence for Scotland - Good or Bad?

It's looking more and more likely that there will be a full referendum on Scottish Independence.

Is this a good thing, self determination for a subject people, or the breaking up of a fine Union between British people?

Will there be a scramble to get on the "right" side of Hadrian's Wall come the day?

I don't have a problem with four independent countries with four independent governments and budgets working together just like we work with other European countries. I would vote in favour of an independent England.

Let them have it I say. Then repatriate all Scots in England who spend so much time crooning about their wonderfull homeland. Especially those who claim to be Scottish by virtue of a distant relative being born there. I've always found the plastic jocks to be the worst. Get rid of the lot of 'em!

I've never seen a plastic jock - can you get them locally? :roll:

As a Scot who has lived 2/3 of my life here in Yorkshire, I've never felt resented here because of where I was born, or my accent. No one has ever overtly objected to my being a Scot. I'm married to an Englishman, and have two children, one born in Scotland and one in Yorkshire. My husband's siblings all live in Scotland. Like a lot of people, I don't see my ethnicity as an issue. The divisions I see in society are mainly based on attitudes, open/closed mindedness, values and behaviour.

I'll be sorry if the referendum outcome is to part from the rest of the UK, I didn't even support the Scottish parliament being formed. However, I did suspect it was the first step to the Nationalist's goal of separation.

I just hope that all the supporters of Scottish independence realise that if it happens, the English would be unlikely to see a Labour government again.

Cast them adrift and put razor wire along the length of Hadrians Wall! We can then start deporting them ... if they snatched a couple of dozen of them from the Wetherspoons every day, we should be rid of them by this time next year?

I've never seen a plastic jock - can you get them locally? :roll:

As a Scot who has lived 2/3 of my life here in Yorkshire, I've never felt resented here because of where I was born, or my accent. No one has ever overtly objected to my being a Scot. I'm married to an Englishman, and have two children, one born in Scotland and one in Yorkshire. My husband's siblings all live in Scotland. Like a lot of people, I don't see my ethnicity as an issue. The divisions I see in society are mainly based on attitudes, open/closed mindedness, values and behaviour.

I'll be sorry if the referendum outcome is to part from the rest of the UK, I didn't even support the Scottish parliament being formed. However, I did suspect it was the first step to the Nationalist's goal of separation.

I just hope that all the supporters of Scottish independence realise that if it happens, the English would be unlikely to see a Labour government again.

:clap::banana::headbang::wave:Scotland

Archived