OCCUPY - How informed are you?

The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?

• Done lots of research and fully understand OCCUPY
    • Done some research and understand OCCUPY a little
    • Done no research but would like to
    • Done no research and would not like to

She already has less opportunities, for example, tax money paid by - among many other people - me, which used to be earmarked for third level education, has now been diverted to pay off the huge debts left by the super rich gamblers who have done so well out of bringing the credit crunch. As if that is not bad enough, they are continuing to grow richer and more powerful, while rest of us see our standards of living erroded as a direct consequence of their actions.

It is pretty clear that I am not claiming the Occupy movement have answers. Nevertheless, it's nice to see there are a lot of people who feel strongly about what is going on

And there is the problem, we have a different opinion on what caused the banking crisis and if the occupy movement takes control your daughter will have even less opportunities. We have a different opinion on what as caused the youth of today to have fewer opportunities and the occupy movement isn’t’ the answer.

And there is the problem, we have a different opinion on what caused the banking crisis

The causes of the banking crises are quite clear. The fact you choose to select an 'opinion' which flies in the face of the facts speaks more of the boundless human capacity to find evidence for and believe that which is most convenient.

if the occupy movement takes control your daughter will have even less opportunities.

Straw man.

Nobody is expecting the Occupy Movement to take over World Governance.

Paid for by the Russian government to appeal to the gullible

as opposed to the british or american media who invent....pretty much everything they print?

i see :hihi:

Back to Libya's "gold backed currency for Africa"

yes, lets! because it's the reason he was assassinated remember :)

And where were Libya going to get the gold to back this currency from? How would they outbid the big players - like the USA, Germany & China?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve

from your link above - libya has got a lot of gold for such a 'tiny country'

and what do you make of this longcol?

http://thenewamerican.com/economy/markets-mainmenu-45/9743-gadhafis-gold-money-plan-would-have-devastated-dollar

and could i ask for the second time where you get your TRUTH from please?

if not sources like RT....definitely not the british or american media.....so where? :)

Yeah, I’ll come by. What’s the basic idea behind the whole thing? I ask for two reasons

1; to see if what I think is in the general ball park, and

2; so I can inform myself correctly for when the reasoning begins.

the basic reason behind the conference?

networking and exchange of ideas with like-minded people :)

the basic reason behind the conference?

networking and exchange of ideas with like-minded people :)

Isn't the "exchange of ideas with like minded people" when there are a couple of dozen tops in a city the size of Sheffield all as much use as agreeing with whatever views you have in a mirror?

And there's the problem with OS.

If you are not intending to be effective, what is the point?

If I am concerned that OS are alienating potential supporters of the Occupy movement, it does not make me an unthinking stooge of capitalism or a prejudiced moron.

Putting up tents does not give you some surpreme right to suppose that nobody else is doing anything to oppose moral wrongs

what are you doing to oppose moral wrongs womerry? :)

The causes of the banking crises are quite clear. The fact you choose to select an 'opinion' which flies in the face of the facts speaks more of the boundless human capacity to find evidence for and believe that which is most convenient.

Straw man.

Nobody is expecting the Occupy Movement to take over World Governance.

You asked a question about why people don't support the occupy movement and sounded surprised because they don’t, I have simply given you an answer; they aren't widely supported because the opinion of many differs from theirs and yours.

Whether your opinion or my opinion is correct is irrelevant, the fact we have different opinions on what caused the problems is the reason we won’t agree on any action the occupy protesters take.

I really, really want to help but it's so badly thought out and organised and run my numpties I feel my time would be wasted. I checked out the literature but came away feeling frustrated

have you introduced yourself to camp TJC1?

or attended a general assembly? :)

Why for instance have they got a wishlist of things like mobile phones and laptops - what are these for exactly?

for keeping in touch with each other locally and nationally

Why did they camp outside a church which is now annoyed, it's a stand against global capitalism right? I can't see the correlation

if you attended a ga you could ask that question directly. basically it was a strategic move. the church can very easily get unannoyed and start supporting OCCUPY. it's totally it's choice :)

Who has time to spend weeks camped outside, are these people representative of the population?

join in and decide for yourself :)

I say go back to the drawing board or at least be more transparent about what it is you are doing (really), or you run the risk of alienating a huge percentage of people who otherwise would be willing to back your cause.

again, i would say join in TJC1

it is one thing to criticise from your laptop

and another to get involved ;)

Archived