OCCUPY - How informed are you?

The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?

• Done lots of research and fully understand OCCUPY
    • Done some research and understand OCCUPY a little
    • Done no research but would like to
    • Done no research and would not like to

could i ask what this viewpoint is based on tfh? :)

Well the thick end of 5500 posts on here for a start. It's not so much what supporters of occupy have said rather than haven't. We've seen the lively 10 point plan with no idea how to make it work, 2 (?) months on. We've got cOnsensus apparently, which I doubt. Ask a homeless occupy member how to solve problems it will start with "tax the rich" whilst the occupy members who are solicitors (of which I understand occupy gave a few in their ranks) they might start with "tax the really rich, after all we're just comfortably well off".

That's if you can find one. The ones that appear on the telly are swiftly disowned on the forums. Reports abound of lack of interest when people walk by, also denied. Any serious questioning is refuted amid howls of "where's your evidence ?" I'm not on trial, you convince me. Which, sadly, you aren't.

And that's before we get into the whole churchyard thing and citadel thing. I do know there are alot of people fighting tooth and nail to pay their mortage every month and to occupy a building you dont own of your choosing "because you can and it's legal, and you can't stop us" seems like a slap in the face to them. I'm sure they'd like to do that but they don't. Why ? It's just not right. To claim otherwise is the same as mps collector expenses and corporations avoid taxes they aren't right but legal as well.

As I said to start with, here's the new boss, same as the old boss.

Still ambiguous then. :huh:

ok, so changes that YOU could make are...

1. CONNECT with people - family, friends, neighbours strangers....get back in connection. OCCUPY is all about building community :)

2. Switch from a highstreet bank to a local community bank or credit union. Take back control of money!

Sounds great but what are the group's suggestions on how we achieve that?

please see my last post :)

Also, your poll isn't full enough. Where's the option for "tried to research the group's aims and suggestions, but couldn't find them, so still don't understand"?

the best thing i could suggest Moosey is to get involved

go down there and introduce yourself...

it's the only way you'll find out :)

1. CONNECT with people - family, friends, neighbours strangers....get back in connection. OCCUPY is all about building community :)

2. Switch from a highstreet bank to a local community bank or credit union. Take back control of money!

1. I do already.

2. Why, I don't mind if investing my money for a return.

* Why? Don't just tell me what to do, explain. Explain what sitting around and getting in the way (of people who have nothing to do with the people you're campaigning against) is doing to further your cause?

I speculated ages ago now, that instead of sitting there, why not volunteer at CAB, help startup businesses, education, etc, etc.

Seems that way. Seriously though, I fully support people's right to protest, as long as they have a plan. I just want to know what that plan is. It's fine saying the system is broken, but you need a suggestion for how to fix it. It's akin to a mechanic saying "yeah your sump's fallen off, but I've no idea how to sort it".

see my last post aimed at you moosey ;)

Hurrah ideas! That could see you chucked out. ;)

Well one, the first is a bit wooly. Second makes sense though. Is that something your higher earning members are doing or is it still at the discussion stage ? A statement (from a real spokesperson !) saying all occupy members will be doing that as a matter of course is a good start I think.

Put your money where your mouth is !

All the Occupy Los Angeles movement achieved was to cost the City two million dollars in clean up expenses and police overtime costs after they were finally evicted from the park next to City Hall

the OCCUPY movement is a living thing harleyman...it is learning....and evolving

Not all of them looked like bona fide 99 percenters either. Quite a few were Skid Row winos and bums

aka the 'most vulnerable members of our society'? :)

Archived