OCCUPY - How informed are you?

The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?

• Done lots of research and fully understand OCCUPY
    • Done some research and understand OCCUPY a little
    • Done no research but would like to
    • Done no research and would not like to

Didn't you hear, there are no poor in the new order, everyone has an Apple PC and iPhone.

Actually there is no reason for there to be poor people now. It's choices made by the 1% that keep people in poverty. A very important concept to grasp is...

WEALTH CAUSES POVERTY.

Get rid of the 1% and you get rid of poverty. I can't bothered to explain this now. I've been typing all night and I'm tired. Go away and do some homework.

People spend hours and hours watching TV and playing computer games, this is no different.

You think running a country with 60 million inhabitants is like playing a computer game...? Just about sums Occupy up...what do you do when it all goes wrong..reboot and play again...?

Currently the political process is an absolute JOKE.

We have the internet and instant communication channels. IRC and P2P etc. It is perfectly feasible to put decision making power in the hands of ordinary citizens now. If we can put a camera on the phone of every citizen and broadcast live from every occupy protest we can certainly put live cameras in the house of commons and in all those little select committee rooms (As appose to selected highlights shown on BBC parliament weeks later).

We can have cameras at the world bank, IMF, U.N. We can have all the documents distributed for everyone to read discuss and vote on. Where is the general citizens assembly, A U.K. wide IRC channel set up and run by the government? It doesn't exist yet, that's where.

We can have a democracy now, the technology is here but we still don't. Why?

The politicians are not going to create these things because it will mean a loss of power for them and their rich friends. Different groups have tried changing the system using the old politics for centuries and it hasn't worked. We still have the same Eton boys running things. The two party system we have is designed to prevent democracy, not enable it.

There is clearly no salvation to be found in that system.

How does the occupy movement propose to change it and what would be put in its place?

There is little point in pointing out what most people already know, I would think most of us know that corruption is rife, and people are greedy. To gain any kind of reasonable support you need to explain how you will stop people being greedy and corrupt.

And were all going to spend all day watching parliament, the IMF and goodness knows what else.

No time to go to work, shop, eat, take part in leisure pursuits etc unless we miss the vital vote.

How many days until the world comes to a grinding halt?

You could spend as much or as little time as you wanted watching things. I would like to think you would want to specialize and watch decisions being made that effect your industry.

Actually there is no reason for there to be poor people now. It's choices made by the 1% that keep people in poverty. A very important concept to grasp is...

WEALTH CAUSES POVERTY.

Get rid of the 1% and you get rid of poverty. I can't bothered to explain this now. I've been typing all night and I'm tired. Go away and do some homework.

Will that be the 1% that pay 25% of the tax take in this country?

WEALTH CAUSES POVERTY.

Keep on typing and living in a dream world, once you decide to grow up and realise you are in a world that is real, learn about the basics of society.

Incredible, truly incredible.

I'm just not sure whether this guy is a troll or actually being serious?

I nearly wet myself.

Sorry what exactly is your proposal again curtains..............

Oh yes that's right you don't actually have one do you. Now I remember.

Tell me, is that because you lack the creativity to think of something or is it because you're too scared everyone will rip on you if you suggest it?

Sorry what exactly is your proposal again curtains..............

Oh yes that's right you don't actually have one do you. Now I remember.

Tell me, is that because you lack the creativity to think of something or is it because you're too scared everyone will rip on you if you suggest it?

No you're right, we should live in a world where we sit behind a computer and make decisions on every single thing in our country. Beats working huh?

Why not do some research and see if my ideas are viable. Clearly you don't know how open source software is developed and you have no understanding of the p2p concept. You would probably find it exciting to find read about.

The "ideas" seem very much geared to political activists having the biggest say - it reminds me of how the Trotskyists used to operate in student politics.

You also make a lot of presumptions about my understanding of computer software.

Archived