OCCUPY - How informed are you?

The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?

• Done lots of research and fully understand OCCUPY
    • Done some research and understand OCCUPY a little
    • Done no research but would like to
    • Done no research and would not like to

ok, so changes that YOU could make are...

1. CONNECT with people - family, friends, neighbours strangers....get back in connection. OCCUPY is all about building community :)

2. Switch from a highstreet bank to a local community bank or credit union. Take back control of money!

I do the first already. I'm skint at the moment, hence I have little option but to do stuff like that. Plus I'm involved in quite a high amount of charity work, so meet lots of nice new people, for example the Nacro guys. Great people that I connected with through charity work, so I feel I'm good on point one.

I don't see how it'll help the global problems, but it's a nice idea.

As for two, afraid I don't have an option. I have debts, and as with most people, an overdraft. I asked about moving to Co Op, as I'd like to, but would have to pay off my existing overdraft before I could close my current account. I can't afford to, so that one's not an option.

Well the thick end of 5500 posts on here for a start. It's not so much what supporters of occupy have said rather than haven't. We've seen the lively 10 point plan with no idea how to make it work, 2 (?) months on

hmmm...how long does it take a grass roots organisation to grow and meld and focus *on average*, i wonder?

2 months seems pretty good to me :D

We've got cOnsensus apparently, which I doubt

go along to a general assembly tfh...and see it in action ;)

Ask a homeless occupy member how to solve problems it will start with "tax the rich" whilst the occupy members who are solicitors (of which I understand occupy gave a few in their ranks) they might start with "tax the really rich, after all we're just comfortably well off"

well if you were to ask *me* that question...i would say MOVE YOUR MONEY... from high street banks to community banks like the co-operative...or better still...a credit union. this would be top of my list :D

And that's before we get into the whole churchyard thing and citadel thing. I do know there are alot of people fighting tooth and nail to pay their mortage every month

and why *is* that tfh? this is the exact reason that OCCUPY as a movement was started :)

and to occupy a building you dont own of your choosing "because you can and it's legal, and you can't stop us" seems like a slap in the face to them

i understand why it would seem like this to them tfh. but OCCUPY are not people looking for somewhere to live. they are looking for somewhere from which to seed world change :love:

1. I do already

great :)

2. Why, I don't mind if investing my money for a return

at the expense of your fellow human beings spooky? really? :(

* Why? Don't just tell me what to do, explain. Explain what sitting around and getting in the way (of people who have nothing to do with the people you're campaigning against) is doing to further your cause?

have you watched the film spooky?

i will continue dialogue with you when you have answered ;)

2 months seems pretty good to me :D

i understand why it would seem like this to them tfh. but OCCUPY are not people looking for somewhere to live. they are looking for somewhere from which to seed world change :love:

Is sitting around the best plan.

Two solid months, Merkle and Sarkozy could do better in that length of time.

What have you come up with, other than how to sound like a time share salesman.

Is sitting around the best plan.

Two solid months, Merkle and Sarkozy could do better in that length of time.

What have you come up with, other than how to sound like a time share salesman.

answer my question spooky...and i'll answer yours ;)

Archived