OCCUPY - How informed are you?

The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?

• Done lots of research and fully understand OCCUPY
    • Done some research and understand OCCUPY a little
    • Done no research but would like to
    • Done no research and would not like to

COE and OCCUPY have the same intentions for community

that's the irony of all of this nonsense

'divide and conquer' plays out....yet again....

:(

I doubt that Wall Street cares very much about the Church of England.

city council strikes again......What a surprise – Sheffield City Council and Yorkshire Forward are planning to chip in £20 millions towards helping kick start the stalled £600 million ‘Sevenstone’ retail quarter in Sheffield City Centre. Don’t get me wrong – this area of the city centre could do with some redevelopment. Whether this project is right and whether it was timely is another matter and not one for discussion here, but throwing public funds in to the development at this time is in my opinion not a good move.

I thought we were talking about the movement as a whole here.

I see OS more as support for the bigger movement in the US.

From what I've read about Occupy I thought it was supposed to be an international movement ie they want change here as well as in the USA (and lots of other places).

I'm starting to think that might be the best thing to do. Move before they are removed. Part of me thinks they should sit it out to the bitter end though.

It's up to them of course, I don't really care.

I think it's a shame the Dean hasn't been supportive of the camp but he seems more concerned with keeping good relations with the bankers. I don't blame him for that, most of us are enslaved by them in some respect. It's difficult not to be in this system.

If you "don't really care" why do you bother posting on this thread?

From what I've read about Occupy I thought it was supposed to be an international movement ie they want change here as well as in the USA (and lots of other places).

Sounds correct, Yes.

But the bigger movement is in the US. Just saying I view the UK protests more as support for what started there, people feeling they want to be a part of that and doing their little bit.

If you "don't really care" why do you bother posting on this thread?

As I think you know already I meant I don't really care, if they decide to move or not. I said it is up to them.

I'll support them whatever they decide to do because I support the cause.

did anyone hear the woman for occupy london on the Jeremy vine show earlier?. they were discussing the capitalist agenda that's being played out all over the world. unfortunately she did her best but it did come over as the same old message. the 99% supporting the 1%. and the trickle of wealth that should go downwards to the poorest is at present going the other way.

Archived