OCCUPY - How informed are you?

The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. The global OCCUPY movement - How informed are you?

• Done lots of research and fully understand OCCUPY
    • Done some research and understand OCCUPY a little
    • Done no research but would like to
    • Done no research and would not like to

Now you really ARE getting into the realms of the ridiculous Solomon1 - most of the morons who are trashing your post can barely string a sentence together let alone use their brain cell to separate truth from fiction

:hihi:

You must be thoroughly exhausted trying to waken the dead heads

oh i am!

- I admire your tenacity and your courage

thanks bro :D

but I fear you are on a hiding to nowhere - a mountain of ennui lays before you. (But of course, you've got the bottle to climb it)

yuhuh! :)

Your pleas for patience and mutual respect are heart-breaking

:hihi: bless your heart

- and your appeals to past allegiances for support or at least, impartiality, were unsurprisingly, rudely rebuffed

ahhh, he's just gettin a bit long in the tooth!...brain ain't like it used to be. i forgive him ;)

Remember that most of these dreamers will ridicule your aims in order to distance themselves from the homeless dreadlocked winos and wasters whom they THINK are the main protagonists in this struggle

indeed

They want their imagined adoring audience to think that they are well off and carefree. They want to be on the side of the rich bullies. They don't want you disturbing their deep (if troubled) sleep

tell me about it!

They will do anything to reinforce their delusion - they are alright jack (they hope). Even as the flames lick around their feet, they are sure that they are in no imminent danger and so what if their children and grand-children inherit a world where even cockroaches struggle to survive - they'll be long gone by then. They've given up Solomon1 - surrendered.

So stop ranting you Muslim, xenophobic, aggressive troll - Coronation Street is about to start and the kids haven’t had their MacDonald’s Double Death Burgers yet

:hihi: man you funny!

The 'Hereward the Wake' British spirit died in them long ago, beginning perhaps with the odious Thatcher government - they are whimpering cowards in the face of what they see as a hard scrap – they can’t be arsed to listen never mind get off their fat arses and actually DO something

have hope ST!

They hope that by being very still and quiet, the monster will pass them by. Their simpering salutations to the almighty God £$£$£$£$ will, they hope one day see them safely installed in an earthly heaven. Don't wake them Solomon1 - as you've found they will despise you for it - they don't want to fight - they want to watch Corrie and play that new Wally Murs c.d.

well they can think again

cos i is a knock-knock-knocking on their doors!

They play out their daily charade of Mr+Mrs Affluent hiding the truth even from themselves. But when they arrive home, and open the door, they tremble at the sight of the mail laying there on their doormat like an unexploded bomb. They’re mortgaged and re-mortgaged to the hilt - up to the neck in crushing high interest debt

:shakes:

Meanwhile their hero’s from Corrie are earning a few extra quid on the side doing ads – trying to sell them something they don’t need. But if Molly Bracketface off Corrie says it’s a bargain – then it’s a bargain.

There are a lot of people on here who are with you but as is often the case with reasonable people who care about others, they don’t want to rock the boat or make enemies. Good luck Solomon1.

thank you supertyke

this post proper cheered me right up! :D

time check - as of 22.13

44% of people voting on this thread knew nothing about OCCUPY

and were likely to remain that way :(

Has it crossed your mind that it just might be down to Occupy being incompetent? The Sheffield lot seem to expend all their energy on keeping the camp going rather than get their message across. Not that they can agree what the message is in the first place.

Has it crossed your mind that it just might be down to Occupy being incompetent?

and who, might i ask, put *you* in a position to judge them longcol?

have you camped on stone? in the rain, cold? in the wind? in frost?

no?

The Sheffield lot seem to expend all their energy on keeping the camp going rather than get their message across

over 200,000 posts on here, in the local press, on the local news...

people are getting the message alright! :nod:

Not that they can agree what the message is in the first place

the message is very simple longcol

a fairer and more just world

i don't know how much more repetiton you need....or how i can break it down any further for you

This is an interesting story and makes one wonder why class war or occupy haven't squatted on the land belonging to some of the rich bankers that they believe caused the world’s problems.

You never know they may get a little more support.

Anarchist's Call to Occupy Hester's Garden

Archived