Camara Van speed traps

I know it's been discussed many times, and I have mixed feelings. In one way I hate tailgater's and really fast speeders, but I can't stop feeling annoyed when I see these camera vans. Maybe it's just me but I will be worrying for days now even though I wasn't speeding.It was bad enough when it was the police hiding behind bushes with speed guns.... but these guys in vans, I just don't trust them !

I'm not even going to say where they are to avoid being accused of interfering. But they are sat in the middle of a row of parked cars so you can't see them, 8.30pm, on a wide road that was always 40mph until recently, when it became 30mph, I never saw any publicity about the change, and I don't think most people realise it is now 30mph. It is very difficult to drive under 30mph on roads like this.

Who are they going to catch on a Monday night ? A few people going to do a bit of shopping ?

Tax collecting goes on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Who they take money off is irrelevant to them.

Don't forget the camera vans are manned by Coppers on overtime as well, just to rub salt into the wound.

Angel.

Don't speed and you've nothing to worry about. Its an individuals choice to speed. No-ones forcing you. Yes, there's an argument about fixed speed cameras that are located in non accident areas as i was under the understanding the government say they are only positioned in places where there have been 3 or 4 accidents. I can't ever remember an accident at the end of the parkway. Some are money collectors I'm sure. But if people didn't speed past these 'money collectors', then it'd prove their worthlessness. While people still do however, they will always be there.

Don't speed and you've nothing to worry about. Its an individuals choice to speed. No-ones forcing you. Yes, there's an argument about fixed speed cameras that are located in non accident areas as i was under the understanding the government say they are only positioned in places where there have been 3 or 4 accidents. I can't ever remember an accident at the end of the parkway. Some are money collectors I'm sure. But if people didn't speed past these 'money collectors', then it'd prove their worthlessness. While people still do however, they will always be there.

I do wonder why this (my bold) isn't obvious to everyone! Most cameras are in a 30 limit area, which is that limit because it's built up and there are lots of junctions, pedestrians etc: i.e. that limit for a reason.

If you know what the speed limit is, you don't need to know where the cameras are, or if there are any. Just stick to the speed limit, it's not a difficult one to work out, is it?

What puzzles me more than the fact that the mobile cameras or fixed cameras can be located on roads where you could argue they aren't necessary (from a road safety point of view), by that I mean being at/on a particular part of the road isn't an accident blackspot or where the speed limit is maybe lower than it could be. Such as being 30 when it could safely be 40.

Yet on Sheffield Road toward Swallownest there is Aston Fence Primary School which at school run time is full of parked cars both sides of the road and the speed limit is 40? Where's the logic there??

Archived