Immigration has no effect on UK jobless!

What do businessmen think?

By Alan Sugar, Daily Mail, 10/06/05 - Business section

THE FACT that we are now relying on bus drivers from Eastern Europe to shore up our public transport is a national disgrace. But I extend the warmest of welcomes to the new recruits.

The disgrace lies with the British workers who now refuse to take what they consider 'menial' jobs such as bus driving, forcing employers to look outside the country.

You can be sure the 400 drivers from Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic - another 600 will follow later in the year - taken on by the country's largest bus company, the First group,

have a completely different attitude and I'm full of admiration for them.

They will come here and work damn hard for less money than lazy Brits demand. They will master the language, their wives will go out to work and save furiously for their children's educations.

You won't catch them squandering their earnings down the pub and I'll take a bet with you that in 20 years' time some of their children will be business leaders sustaining the British economy.

In fact, the men and women from Eastern Europe who are flocking here to work remind me of the Asian immigrants of the Sixties and Seventies, and the Jewish immigrants of the Forties. Both

of those ethnic minority groups came to Britain with the express desire to work and provide for their families.

They toiled uncomplainingly around the clock, stressed the value of education to their children, and now some of those boys and girls are the entrepreneurs of today.

And as for the unemployed whingers who will no doubt soon be moaning that the Poles have taken their jobs - just as they did about the Asians in years gone by - I have no sympathy for them.

The truth is they don't want to work. There have always been people who had the brains to be lawyers and doctors and accountants, and those who didn't.

The difference is, where once the less clever people took great pride in manual work and trades, now they don't.

They just can't be bothered and prefer to sponge off the state. The work ethic

has been consigned to history.

You havnt answered my question i notice?

Where are the houses that can be bought earning a wage of just over £6?

I know one farmer that puts his summer workers up in the barn for the time they are here working the fields.

Breaches are reported to council housing officers, who inform the council if they suspect gang masters of housing workers in unsuitable properties. What happened when you reported it?

Why do Brits prefer a pittance on the dole rather than working and getting more money?

:hihi: You're a joker. Everyone knows that Labour created a situation where it was economically irrational for many people to seek work, making unemployment a way of life, so trot on because you're fooling no one.

:hihi: You're a joker. Everyone knows that Labour created a situation where it was economically irrational for many people to seek work, making unemployment into a way of life.

Once again, the dole doesn't pay £6 an hour.

Are you saying you would rather stay on the dole than take a job? If so, you're not the solution, you're part of the problem.

You want low paid workers to get subsidies to buy houses?

No i want companies to pay workers money that they can actually live on.If it wasnt for cheap scate companies saving a few quid employing immigrants thats what they would have to do.

No i want companies to pay workers money that they can actually live on.If it wasnt for cheap scate companies saving a few quid employing immigrants thats what they would have to do.

The Poles manage to live on those wages, the Brits prefer the dole. You're defending a generation of lazy feckless workers, Immigrants get jobs because there are prepared to work unlike chavs, druggies and drunks . This government is to easy on layabouts and you defend them.

Graham Bell, spokesman for the Scottish Chambers of Commerce, said: "For a start, Polish people are generally keen to get out of bed in the morning; they want to work.

"Many of them have come to Scotland with a lot of skills and qualifications, and when they've arrived they've been keen to secure more of them.

"The Polish people who have settled in Scotland seem to show a willingness to fit in with the Scots, and integrate into our culture and ways of life, as well as celebrate their own traditions and culture."

Elizabeth Rychlik-Sharp, secretary of the Scottish Polish Cultural Association, said: "Poland doesn't have too many big cities and many people have settled in Scotland because they like the quiet way of life and the atmosphere. Somewhere like London can be quite oppressive.

"Although a lot of Polish people may start off with relatively low-paid jobs in Scotland, they are keen to improve their English and also learn new skills by taking night classes.

"You only have to walk around somewhere like Edinburgh to see the influences of Polish people, with all the new shops and cafs that are springing up."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/edinburgh-east-fife/new_scots_from_poland_doing_us_proud_1_1073681

Once again, the dole doesn't pay £6 an hour.

Are you saying you would rather stay on the dole than take a job? If so, you're not the solution, you're part of the problem.

I earn extreamly good money!

I talk to these workers everyday and they are not interested in the UK in the slightest,they are not interested in buying houses or anything else,they are here because its financially beneficial to them and many have mapped out when they will return home.

Are they good workers,yes some are but just because they are foreign doesnt automatically make them good workers as some would like to have us think,there are good and bad just as there are in the UK.

I earn extreamly good money!

I talk to these workers everyday and they are not interested in the UK in the slightest,they are not interested in buying houses or anything else,they are here because its financially beneficial to them and many have mapped out when they will return home.

What's the company called? When people claim special knowledge that flies in the face of all the evidence from employers it's fair to ask what you're talking about.

The Poles manage to live on those wages, the Brits prefer the dole. You're defending a generation of lazy feckless workers, Immigrants get jobs because there are prepared to work unlike chavs, druggies and drunks . This government is to easy on layabouts and you defend them.

Graham Bell, spokesman for the Scottish Chambers of Commerce, said: "For a start, Polish people are generally keen to get out of bed in the morning; they want to work.

"Many of them have come to Scotland with a lot of skills and qualifications, and when they've arrived they've been keen to secure more of them.

"The Polish people who have settled in Scotland seem to show a willingness to fit in with the Scots, and integrate into our culture and ways of life, as well as celebrate their own traditions and culture."

Elizabeth Rychlik-Sharp, secretary of the Scottish Polish Cultural Association, said: "Poland doesn't have too many big cities and many people have settled in Scotland because they like the quiet way of life and the atmosphere. Somewhere like London can be quite oppressive.

"Although a lot of Polish people may start off with relatively low-paid jobs in Scotland, they are keen to improve their English and also learn new skills by taking night classes.

"You only have to walk around somewhere like Edinburgh to see the influences of Polish people, with all the new shops and cafs that are springing up."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/edinburgh-east-fife/new_scots_from_poland_doing_us_proud_1_1073681

You obviously just go by the rubbish you find on the net!

Some of us dont sit in offices all day preaching what were told!Some of us actually are in the thick of things and know first hand whats actually happening.

To call All UK out of work people work shy is just ballex and im sure many reading your posts would like you to say it to their faces!

Archived