Immigration has no effect on UK jobless!

ALMOST 500 people, costing the tax payer an estimated £1/2 million a year, are 'seeking employment' in Wigtownshire, but still local companies are being forced to fill their vacancies with Eastern European workers.

The situation has been heralded as a 'failure in our benefits system' this week, in light of the 136 advertised Job Centre vacancies last month and the 133 known vacancies which remain unfilled or are being filled by foreign workers.

Although overall the unemployment rate has fallen, the issues surrounding foreign labour can be illustrated locally by the situation at Palnure's Rowan Glen factory where the company are currently employing four Polish workers, two Ukrainians and a Lithuanian.

“We'd like to recruit locally, but if we can't, obviously we will go elsewhere,” said Managing Director, Brian Ireland.

Rowan Glen also have three unfilled vacancies, and although the job is 'not everyone's cup of tea', said Mr Ireland, wages are above national minimum wage and are continuing to rise, as the company struggles to fill its vacancies.

Ibid.

Many Brits prefer the dole to working. The accounts are the same across the country:

The problems of filling local vacancies with local people has also arisen at Cairnryan, where Uniq Prepared Foods, looks to fill 200 seasonal vacancies each October.

This year the company has been forced to employ 48 Polish workers in an attempt to fill the void, and still Uniq has 75 positions to fill.

However even accounting for the fact that around half of Wigtownshire's unemployed could not, if they tried, find employment in October, there were 136 notified job vacancies in Newton Stewart and Stranraer last month, and because the Uniq jobs are seasonal, it can be estimated that this 'failure' of the system could be costing the Galloway tax payer approximately 1/2 million a year locally, figures based on the contributory Job Seeker Allowance benefit scheme, which pays over 24s, 55.65 per week, dependant on income.

“We have 48 Polish workers. We hired them quite simply because we cannot fill the vacancies locally.

What are you claiming I said? It's not my fault your English skills are poor, what are you talking about?

You criticized someones choice of links as being from you tube or from polls,a poll is a type of survey.Are you being deliberately obtuse hoping to get this thread closed as well,you never change do you ?

You criticized someones choice of links as being from you tube or from polls,a poll is a type of survey.Are you being deliberately obtuse hoping to get this thread closed as well,you never change do you ?

No,I did not. Argue with what I've said,I said a poll of this forum would not establish proof of what was claimed, which is why you can't cite my post, cos you're making stuff up.

ALMOST 500 people, costing the tax payer an estimated £1/2 million a year, are 'seeking employment' in Wigtownshire, but still local companies are being forced to fill their vacancies with Eastern European workers.

The situation has been heralded as a 'failure in our benefits system' this week, in light of the 136 advertised Job Centre vacancies last month and the 133 known vacancies which remain unfilled or are being filled by foreign workers.

Although overall the unemployment rate has fallen, the issues surrounding foreign labour can be illustrated locally by the situation at Palnure's Rowan Glen factory where the company are currently employing four Polish workers, two Ukrainians and a Lithuanian.

“We'd like to recruit locally, but if we can't, obviously we will go elsewhere,” said Managing Director, Brian Ireland.

Rowan Glen also have three unfilled vacancies, and although the job is 'not everyone's cup of tea', said Mr Ireland, wages are above national minimum wage and are continuing to rise, as the company struggles to fill its vacancies.

Ibid.

Many Brits prefer the dole to working. The accounts are the same across the country:

The problems of filling local vacancies with local people has also arisen at Cairnryan, where Uniq Prepared Foods, looks to fill 200 seasonal vacancies each October.

This year the company has been forced to employ 48 Polish workers in an attempt to fill the void, and still Uniq has 75 positions to fill.

However even accounting for the fact that around half of Wigtownshire's unemployed could not, if they tried, find employment in October, there were 136 notified job vacancies in Newton Stewart and Stranraer last month, and because the Uniq jobs are seasonal, it can be estimated that this 'failure' of the system could be costing the Galloway tax payer approximately 1/2 million a year locally, figures based on the contributory Job Seeker Allowance benefit scheme, which pays over 24s, 55.65 per week, dependant on income.

“We have 48 Polish workers. We hired them quite simply because we cannot fill the vacancies locally.

That says Many Brits you didnt you said Brits prefer the dole ...big difference

No,I did not. Argue with what I've said,I said a poll of this forum would not establish proof of what was claimed, which is why you can't cite my post, cos you're making stuff up.

No because you helped have the thread removed, hence the reason I criticized your quote from a blog on the same thread.

That says Many Brits you didnt you said Brits prefer the dole ...big difference

Ibid.

Gonna apologise?

Gonna apologise?

Do you realise how stupid your highlight makes you look ..we have gone down from "Brits prefer the dole",generalization,to "Many Brits" and now to "48"..are YOU going to apologies or maybe swerve some more...just think in the space of maybe 20 posts at the rate you are going you could eradicate unemployment in this country...on paper at least.

any chance of you treating road tax the same way ..please

Archived