Immigration has no effect on UK jobless!

I was told that at a well known hand tool manufacturing plant at Hellaby that they were having a new Operations manager who was Polish and didn't speak a lot of English, this might not however be too much of a problem as most of the workforce were now Polish and that they were good workers. Draw what you will form this either immigration is affecting jobs or it's just one of the consequences of being a member of the European union.

i think you will find that the NIESR is talking about immigrants claiming benefits and being out of work, what the post is about is NONE EU immigrants taking jobs that could be done by English workers, and if you read between the lines there is no reason for them to be in this country they are not needed.

Eastern europeans, Poles in particular, are extremely hard workers, but what was said in post 3 of this thread is correct, and I know for a fact its correct because I used to give a few foreign co-workers lifts home from work and they do indeed live together in large numbers and send most of their money home.

On balance, economically, their presence does more harm than good for the country.

From the link

IMMIGRANTS have snatched 160,000 jobs from British-born workers in just five years, an official report said.

One British job was lost for every four non-EU workers arriving here between 2005 and 2010.

If one job was lost for every four non-EU workers arriving here does that mean the other three were lost to EU workers arriving here?

Not surprising we have high unemployment.

From the link

IMMIGRANTS have snatched 160,000 jobs from British-born workers in just five years, an official report said.

One British job was lost for every four non-EU workers arriving here between 2005 and 2010.

If one job was lost for every four non-EU workers arriving here does that mean the other three were lost to EU workers arriving here?

Not surprising we have high unemployment.

Yeah because 160,000 is going to make a really big dent in 3 million isn't it? And the governmental authorities haven't really started cutting jobs yet.

Yeah because 160,000 is going to make a really big dent in 3 million isn't it? And the governmental authorities haven't really started cutting jobs yet.

Remembering of cause the figures don't include the jobs lost to other EU citizens and the fact that there were already a huge number of non working British citizens.

And that Labour sent all the money.

Archived