Immigration has no effect on UK jobless!

POLES working abroad sent home a total of £4 billion last year, providing an unexpected boost to the economy, a Polish government official said yesterday.

Yes they have the spending power but much of it is sent back to Poland.

Copied and pasted from a 5 year old article:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/polish_workers_send_163_4billion_back_home_1_683275

Both five years old.

There is little evidence which suggests that there has been a negative effect on wage pressure and displacement to local labour given the fact that 2.2 million migrants have been employed in the UK since 1997.

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/blog/2011/11/polish-migrants-are-dynamic-and-resourceful-and-have-added-1-percent-uk-s-gdp-2005

NOVEMBER 30, 2011

The Centre for Economics and Business Research calculates that the average Polish migrant worker earns £20,000 per year, of which £6,000–7,000 is disposable income. With exact numbers of immigrants being unknown, the CEBR estimates spending power for this immigrant group to be somewhere between £3.5 and £4 billion.

Doug McWilliams, chief executive of the CEBR, remarks:

It’s basically been like adding the consumer demand of Liverpool to the economy in just two years. These people work hard, often 10-hour days, six days a week, so they certainly do have considerable spending power.

They do indeed have spending power – spending power that businesses interested in potential new markets would be wise not to ignore.

The potential for increases in the immigrant worker class’ spending power and consumer demand appears to be almost unlimited and those expecting slowdowns in the near future might well do better than to hold their breath.

While on other fronts increased immigration is a controversial topic, economically the British government can have little cause for complaint.

Eastern Europeans have plugged holes in sectors short of labour, helping to keep inflation down, and in the relatively liberal open-market economy of the UK, the extra labour has been an easily absorbed asset.

The minimal effect being had on unemployment as a result of immigration in the UK has disproved the theory that there are a finite number of jobs in the labour market and that the immigrant’s gain is the Brits’ loss.

Though registered unemployment has crept up recently the government argues that this is not due to the economy failing to create jobs.

Indeed, the number of job vacancies remain high and the overall job market continues to expand.

From an economic point of view, the fact remains that while almost all immigrant workers in the UK have found full-time employment, the non-migrant unemployment rate has remained steady – proving that immigrants are helping to fuel economic growth rather than undercut British workers in the labour market and steal their jobs.

http://www.argostranslations.com/polish-immigrants-growing-role-in-british-consumer-spending/

According to the Ernst & Young Item Club, Polish and other Eastern European immigrants are having a positive economic impact by making the UK workforce ‘younger, more flexible and economical, easing the pensions burden and keeping interest rates lower’. This not only helps to keep mortgages down but has also been responsible for boosting what was an otherwise waning buy-to-let market.

The influx of workers needing instant accommodation has resulted in massive increases in cash advances being given for buy-to-let purchases with, in some company cases, figures doubling between 2005 and 2006.

With so many economic positives, the trend for Eastern European migrants seeking work in the UK is unlikely to slow any time soon.

End quote.

Eastern European immigration has brought huge benefits, both financial and social. Poles are like English people were in the fifties, if an elderly Polish woman gets on a tram in Poland and tells teenagers to move and let her sit down they do so. Try that in Sheffield.

Why don't you give us something informative from your own first hand experience instead of copy and pasting ? I really doubt that you can, you spend far too much time on here for a start !

As for your 'expert' views on the young poles in comparison to our's, do you know how popular hooliganism and even racism are back in Poland ? The last few years has seen their lives change quite dramatically and they are not all as wonderful as you may think, I personally have had no issue with them or anyone else coming into this country, the ones who bother me are the people living here who can't see the issues surrounding the amount of immigrants this country has allowed in !

I have worked with Eastern Europeans and have seen how they have been used by employers and work/job agencies alike, many are happy enough with that because they see their endeavours here as temporary, make some decent money and return home when they have had enough.

Many of course have already gone home after the novelty wore off, particularly the young single one's who did not find the employment or our country to be to their taste. Some of those who have stayed for longer have done so because they are older and found better paid jobs than they can get back home, coupled with the benefits of living here, and are happy enough to just return to their families back home for holidays, until they too have had or earnt enough.

Between 2004 and 2009, an estimated 1.5 million people from eastern Europe came to the UK. It is thought 700,000 of them stayed, with half a million from Poland alone.

During the same period Britain's GDP grew by £98bn, or 7.7%, and the NIESR study says that a 5% share of the £98bn can be put down to the migrants.

http://weekspopulation.blogspot.com/2011/04/eastern-european-immigrants-boost-uk.html

Eastern European workers have contributed nearly five billion pounds to the economy.

That ain't chicken feed.

Why don't you give us something informative from your own first hand experience instead of copy and pasting ? I really doubt that you can, you spend far too much time on here for a start !

As for your 'expert' views on the young poles in comparison to our's, do you know how popular hooliganism and even racism are back in Poland ? .

I travel to Poland a great deal. I've seen some Wisla graffiti, I've never seen racism or hooliganism. What's your source, I seriously doubt the crime rates are worse than the UK, what do you mean?

I travel to Poland a great deal. I've seen some Wisla graffiti, I've never seen racism or hooliganism. What's your source, I seriously doubt the crime rates are worse than the UK, what do you mean?

What do I mean, what's my source, are you for real ?

I never mentioned crime rates either, did I ?

Stop doing selective quoting and respond to the whole post for a change, if you can !

You answer something for once without quoting from another online source, what impact do you think migrant workers from Eastern Europe has really had on employment opportunities for British people ?

As for your 'expert' views on the young poles in comparison to our's, do you know how popular hooliganism and even racism are back in Poland ?

In my experience the streets are far safer, calmer and more pleasant in Poland then here. Get caught drunk and disorderly in Poland and it's a night in the drunk tank and a €200 fine. Are you claiming public disorder, hooliganism and racist attacks are higher in Poland?

In my experience the streets are far safer, calmer and more pleasant in Poland then here. Get caught drunk and disorderly in Poland and it's a night in the drunk tank and a €200 fine. Are you claiming public disorder, hooliganism and racist attacks are higher in Poland?

Go do some online research pal your good at that when it suits !

Now about my question ...... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Archived