Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

If Scotland - or rather the people who live in Scotland - want independence, then why shouldn't they have it?

If England - or rather the people who live in England - are not going to be allowed to vote on whether the Scots should be forced to become independent, why could they not be given a vote (at the same time as the Scots held theirs ) to decide whether England should be independent?

The Scots might vote to leave the UK and the English might vote to leave the UK too. The UK could still exist - as a member of the Commonwealth.

I don't see why defence should be a problem. You could always calculate the cost per capita and each country could pay the capitation costs. Military installations would stay where they are: - changes would be made for strategic (or as is usually the case budgetary) reasons.

If Scotland - or rather the people who live in Scotland - want independence, then why shouldn't they have it?

No reason at all,it seems to be the SNP who are procrastinating...everyone one else wants a quick referendum..maybe they've had their bluff called..

As much right as England. Don't be so sure of your own place as I'm sure the French would love to see you out on your butts and this could be their excuse to push for it.

Dear boy, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a member of the EU. Scotland would be leaving the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The back of the QuEUe is that way >>> behind Estonia or some other nation nobody is quite sure where it is on the map.

"Helmut, about this new application to join, is Scotland attached to England?"

They were built in the 1990's, whilst closing the facilities at Rosyth, whilst Major was MP. And you wonder why the independence movement gained momentum? Re-fitting and basing aren't the same thing. There is nowhere else in the UK that is capable of providing a home for the submarines AND their warhead stockpile.

Also please stop talking about the UK after separation (if it happens) as there will be no "UK". The "UK" came about because of the union of the Kingdoms of England and Scotland.

The Vanguard class submarines only came into service during the early 1990s so how could have Rosyth had the facilities already? It's half truths like this that has fed the independence momentum.

You are right, refitting and basing are separate things, but plenty of nuclear submarines are based at HMS Drake, and I'm sure that their are plenty of place to build stores for the warheads in or around the existing weapons storage after all it would have stored nuclear weapons in it's past in the form of the RN's tactical nuclear weapons.

Also please stop talking about the UK after separation (if it happens) as there will be no "UK". The "UK" came about because of the union of the Kingdoms of England and Scotland.

What's wrong with the title the United Kingdom of England, Wales and Northern Ireland, abbreviated to the UK?