Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

It stated on the news tonight that an independent Scotland would not want nuclear weapons in the country. That's the navy sorted... I am sure the many people employed on the Clyde won't be too bothered about losing their jobs.

That sounds like the rantings of daft lefties.

That country is going to be knackered if they do get out.

I half thought that may be a silly newspaper story as it was too stupid, even for the SNP.

Sadly, the idiots actually seem to say that.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/neilobrien1/100128633/we-need-a-royal-commission-on-the-implications-of-scottish-independence/

Nuclear weapons. UK's entire nuclear arsenal is located in Faslane and Coulport in Western Scotland. The SNP has made it clear it will not allow nuclear weapons to remain in an independent Scotland. It is unclear whether any other sites in the UK are suitable. If there are any other ports that these facilities could be moved to, the cost would be vast. Who will pay?

What fools.

With Scotlands health problems, they will need every drop of North Sea oil they can get their hands on.

It is a pity in that case that the oil is running out. Once that is gone the infrastructure that supports it will also go.

Scotlands problems are geographical. It is better to base an industry in mainland Europe than the UK, but it is even worse to base it in Scotland.

When the oil runs out they will be trying to sustain a country on exports of Scotch Whisky and haggis. Even the beer they produce there isn't fit for man nor beast.

Alex Salmond seems to think his independent Scotland can use the pound, he says the bank of England belongs to the Scottish just as much as it belongs to the rest of UK, he couldn’t quite grasp the fact that if Scotland used the pound the rest of the UK would dictate Scottish monetary policy.:D

It's May 2013 and thanks to Cameron, the whole of the UK has the opportunity to decide whether Scotland should become an independent nation.

Salmond isn't keen for soem reason, but he's got the chance to get what he says he, and Scotland, wants.

Everyone has been given the chance to decide whether Scotland stays in the United Kingdom. How will you vote?

The sooner the union is broken the better, I am sick of scots moaning. Let them go down irelands road to being owned by Europe.