Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

The Scots are just like the Quebec separatists in Canada. When the time comes for the referendum they'll back off just like the Quebeccers did.

Alex Salmond might see himself as a Scottish nationalist but to me he's just a petty minded little "Regionalist" and a windbag to boot.

Maybe he looks in his mirror every morning and sees himself as President Salmond

All nationalists are petty minded windbags, it's an ideological requirement.

He's just a Scottish & more camera friendly version of Nick Griffin.

I read somewhere recently that in opinion polls, English people were more than happy for the Scots to move out, so to speak.

Similar polls in Scotland seem to be somewhat less convincing.

Once you get past the nationalism, most of them know in their heart of hearts, they're going to struggle on their own.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
What do you think?

jb

So I suppose that story about a fracking site on the grounds of Buckingham palace is pish too?!

Oh dear. I suppose you didn't realise that Scotland will switch to driving on the right either?

You wouldn't actually put that past them!

The Southern irish kept the pound or punt as its currency for long enough

Whats the fuss about.

English Pound is no longer called pound sterling, it is in fact a fiat currency and like all others is based on nothing and valued at only what others accept it to be worth.

The Scots have the right to call their currency what they wish and if Independent its nothing to do with sassenachs or anyone else what they call it.

As for its value again the Scots call value it, a new currency, as whatever they like, it will be only worth what others value it at but instead of being a fiat currency it could be based on Oil and the massive debts it is owed from England so it may well be valued above that of the English pound.

Edited by Tommo68