• I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern 7 5.93%

I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK 6 5.08%

I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go 68 57.63%

I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in 37 31.36%

Voters: 118. You have already voted on this poll

Why are you in Scotland day after day campaigning to persuade the Scottish to vote Let them go?

The English are day after day begging for Scotland to stay!!>>> That's 100% Fact >>> Why is that??!!? lol

Edited by skat man

Well it was a good partenrship for 300 years or more. Scotland contributed much to the greatness of the British empire, produced scientists, engineers, great soldiers and much more but if they vote yes so be it.

I just have to wonder how all the Scots who had no wish for independence will find life in the future.

How many Scotsmen serving in the British armed forces, the Scots Regiments for example will be happy to find themselves transferred to a foreign army because that it what the Scottish Forces will become. Will they be given a choice to serve in the newly established Scottish military or be able to resign instead. After all when they originally signed up they swore allegience to the Queen not a Scottish republic.

Thos could become a very touchy subject among the members of the military

As an independent nation in it's own right? .... it's in the EU by virtue of being part of the U.K. isn't it?

No , but all its assets, people etc. are.

You seem to favour the idea that Europe would be better off as a collection of small states as it once was even to the point of individual parts of these nations forming their own little separate countries.

This is a ridiculous notion. Putty in the hands of the Russians. :hihi: Putin would just love it and make no mistake Russia is not a country in any danger of breaking up anytime soon... more so under Putin, a country intent on restoring it's empire

I favour a European Union that consists of what people voted for in a democratic process, if that means smaller states, great.

On the issue of defence and Russia, doesn't seem like we are able to withstand a right lot now, does it? Time for the EU to form a centralised army instead of having it be as splintered as it is.

I favour a European Union that consists of what people voted for in a democratic process, if that means smaller states, great.

On the issue of defence and Russia, doesn't seem like we are able to withstand a right lot now, does it? Time for the EU to form a centralised army instead of having it be as splintered as it is.

Not until the EU consists of something its citizens voted for in a democratic process.

Well it was a good partenrship for 300 years or more. Scotland contributed much to the greatness of the British empire, produced scientists, engineers, great soldiers and much more but if they vote yes so be it.

I just have to wonder how all the Scots who had no wish for independence will find life in the future.

How many Scotsmen serving in the British armed forces, the Scots Regiments for example will be happy to find themselves transferred to a foreign army because that it what the Scottish Forces will become. Will they be given a choice to serve in the newly established Scottish military or be able to resign instead. After all when they originally signed up they swore allegience to the Queen not a Scottish republic.

Thos could become a very touchy subject among the members of the military

Perhaps they should move the border 50 miles north and let everyone who wants to be Scottish go up there and those who want to be British go to the South. There's a handy narrowing of the country up there where they could build a new Hadrian's wall.

It might seem daft but I think it will be the evential solution in Ukraine.

Not until the EU consists of something its citizens voted for in a democratic process.

How does the system work for electing an MP in the EU parliament?

---------- Post added 06-09-2014 at 18:38 ----------

The problem with creating smaller states is that it leaves a lot of people unhappy who had no wish for a smaller state within in their present state and who originally voted against the idea in the first place. This can cause regional unrest and in some cases lead to civil war

I agree that the EU should have a single standing military fully equipped with standard weaponry under a unified command. The main problem at this time though being the different languages and the lingering nationalism that might cause resentment by soldiers of one EU nation being commanded by someone from another EU nation

I think that an independent Scotland may well struggle to join the EU.

I believe that they'll need all the other members to agree to them joining, and plenty of the other EU countries have their own problems with regions that want to gain their own independence. They may well see that voting to allow Scotland to join might encourage their own regions to try for independence.

How does the system work for electing an MP in the EU parliament?

The problem with creating smaller states is that it leaves a lot of people unhappy who had no wish for a smaller state within in their present state and who originally voted against the idea in the first place. This can cause regional unrest and in some cases lead to civil war

I agree that the EU should have a single standing military fully equipped with standard weaponry under a unified command. The main problem at this time though being the different languages and the lingering nationalism that might cause resentment by soldiers of one EU nation being commanded by someone from another EU nation

Does the EU parliament decide the EU foreign policy? Who would decide who the EU army fights? Who would be democratically accountable for the decisions?

Added to which, who would pay for the weapons? How many of our NATO allies even meet the 2% defence spending target? How many NATO countries are involved in fighting IS now?