Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

It's because they don't have a plan B, plan A is shakey enough as it is so can you imagine how bad plan B would be.

He just seems to think everyone's bluffing... the market on Monday showed what might happen if the vote is "Yes"..

---------- Post added 11-09-2014 at 15:14 ----------

why do the tories want union with Scotland when most of them vote Labour?

Because it goes beyond today's politics?

Trying saying that to the unemployed, disabled, council tenants, elderly, civil services and families in the UK and why do the tories want union with Scotland when most of them vote Labour?

Because they are not selfish, they have vision, foresight a view of the world that is not mired in the swamp of envious, belittling twaddle that envelops the minds of the left.

The mindset of the left leads to political correctness, one size fits all social policies, that limits enterprise, hates profit and seeks to diminish success to a level that they can mentally deal with.

It also leads to situations like Rotherham and Blackburn and Oxford where innocent children have been raped and abused by evil men allowed to operate with impunity due to the fear of rocking the racial diversity boat, a boat created in your ignorance and stupidity by bent Labour politicians both local and national.

Conservatives are of the people for the people, it is the Conservative party that always pulls you and yours out of the quagmire created by Labour.

---------- Post added 11-09-2014 at 16:54 ----------

Scotland is been an equal drain on England than anything else so a YES vote could be a positive move for England.

I agree. It would also mean that Labour would never form another government in England. So Even better.

Edited by Alan Ladd

I agree. It would also mean that Labour would never form another government in England. So Even better.

no it would not. Well at least not necessarily, and especially if the English Tory party itself splits, which it might especially given as the Referendum result is YES will destabilise all the politics of Britain (including Ireland). Even if there is a YES vote and the next-election-but-one they have to fight does not have any Scottish seats, Labour are still good enough to develop an England and Wales campaign and get more seats than anybody else in such an election. I would not underestimate them, if I were you.

no it would not. Well at least not necessarily, and especially if the English Tory party itself splits, which it might especially given as the Referendum result is YES will destabilise all the politics of Britain (including Ireland). Even if there is a YES vote and the next-election-but-one they have to fight does not have any Scottish seats, Labour are still good enough to develop an England and Wales campaign and get more seats than anybody else in such an election. I would not underestimate them, if I were you.

Pure mathematics, Labour just does not have the foundation to exist in a England/Wales only country. Apart from anything else they have really lost their way, under Blair they stole the Tories policies under Brown and Wallace they have tried to go back to the class war. Failed.

In order to win they need to make inroads into the south, wont happen, its all over. (If the jocks depart).

anything can happen, to the political patchwork of the UK if the Scots go independent.

Cameron knows this better than you. That is why he has been in Scotland.

it could split his own party, of which he is the leader of. He knows it, even if you do not.

the idea that the English Tories are going to just watch from the sidelines, and then reap the rewards in some future electoral bonanza, should you believe it, means you are thick as two short planks.

Edited by blake

anything can happen, to the political patchwork of the UK if the Scots go independent.

Cameron knows this better than you. That is why he has been in Scotland.

it could split his own party, of which he is the leader of. He knows it, even if you do not.

It has major ramifications for the Labour party too, that's why practically the entire parliamentary Labour party travelled up to Scotland today.

Msg 375 (in support of the Tory's) - Top rant Alan Ladd, so much passion.

Finishing with:- "Conservatives are of the people for the people.........."

-oops - foot in mouth, credibility shot to pieces.

They are the party of (at best) 'noblesse oblige'.

I'm damn sure the Bullingdon Club, Class of '87 don't think that.