Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

You're right, of course. This is evident from Boris Johnson's recent selection as a parliamentary candidate in a safe seat for the next general election. I suppose the interesting question is who will take over in the interim? Will they let Cameron fight and lose the next election or will they get rid and select someone to act as a caretaker until Boris can take over? If so, who?

The Clacton by-election hasn't received much press coverage in the last few weeks due to events in Scotland but it is worth remembering that Cameron faces another blow on 9 October as that by-election is almost certainly going to deliver UKIP's first MP.

I find the idea of Boris as Prime Minister completely incredible.

Does anyone think for one moment that he's the bumbling buffoon he acts?

No, me neither, so why the act?

When people hide behind a character that isn't their own there is invariably a reason. And very rarely a good one.

Johnson is a seriously shrewd nasty piece of work in my opinion and shouldn't be considered for the post.

You're right, of course. This is evident from Boris Johnson's recent selection as a parliamentary candidate in a safe seat for the next general election. I suppose the interesting question is who will take over in the interim? Will they let Cameron fight and lose the next election or will they get rid and select someone to act as a caretaker until Boris can take over? If so, who?

that is another BIG presumption. That Boris is this automatic Tory party leader-in-waiting. When he will have to contest a Tory leadership election first. An election which he might easily lose. Like previous Tory party favourites/leaders-in-waiting Reginald Maudling, William Whitelaw, Michael Heseltine, Kenneth Clarke, Michael Portillo, and David Davis, all lost theirs.

seeing as this thread is about Scotland, I understand they used to have a King-across-the-water there too. Look what happened to him.

This is an alarming fact for any anti independent voters out there

Name one country in the world that discovered oil then got poorer?

I think Scotland will manage just fine on its own without the so called Great Britain / United Kingdom

I think Scotland will actually go to other countries and make friends with them not make wars unlike England / USA

Edited by BEDROCK

I think Scotland will manage just fine on its own without the so called Great Britain / United Kingdom

I think Scotland will actually go to other countries and make friends with them not make wars unlike England / USA

Bedders, that's THE most adorable post about politics that has ever been written!

I watched a bit of the coverage yesterday (I will watch it tomorrow), I want to ask opinion of something, (it may have already been asked earlier, but I've not kept up with this thread):

The coverage I watched yesterday were the fishermen (practically all the employment in the Fraserburgh area) - the fisherman said about 80% of his catch gets sold to England.

If you notice at supermarkets now, many products have the Union flag on the packaging (I guess as much as anything to give people the choice to keep work in the UK) - by buying home grown/caught meats and fish.

Here's is the question: (assuming the yes vote won)

Which do you think if there are 2 products on sale next to each other of comparable price and quality, but one has a England flag, and one has Scotland flag, which will the majority of English people buy?

I watched a bit of the coverage yesterday (I will watch it tomorrow), I want to ask opinion of something, (it may have already been asked earlier, but I've not kept up with this thread):

The coverage I watched yesterday were the fishermen (practically all the employment in the Fraserburgh area) - the fisherman said about 80% of his catch gets sold to England.

If you notice at supermarkets now, many products have the Union flag on the packaging (I guess as much as anything to give people the choice to keep work in the UK) - by buying home grown/caught meats and fish.

Which do you think if there are 2 products on sale next to each other of comparable price and quality, but one has a England flag, and one has Scotland flag, which will the majority of English people buy?

Cheapest more often than not or (perceived?) better quality.

But mostly cheapest unless it's whiskey.

Scottish fish and beef are in a class of their own. Some of the best beef and salmon in the world come from Scotland!

---------- Post added 17-09-2014 at 12:59 ----------

Cheapest more often than not or (perceived?) better quality.

But mostly cheapest unless it's whiskey.

Almost forgot about the whiskey.....now that is something the Scotts' are good at!