Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

Like I said, stupid to vote yes. If they do it, leave 'em too it ;)

It'll bring a bit of building work to the north too :D

Did you read the rest?

-

That doesn't bring money in though. I don't think they're thinking of self-sufficiency, otherwise oil wouldn't be brought up every minute.

They have far too much oil to keep for themselves.

They have the ability to look after themselves and export their goods. Their whiskey is sold all over the world, as is their fish and meat. The fact that a few ignorant Brits won't buy food with a Scottish flag on it, is the least of their worries. Plenty of other countries will buy their produce. In fact, it could even surpass their expectations. People might actually prefer Scottish produce to British/English.

I hope this is the start of something special for the Scottish. I hope it's a wake up call for Westminster too.

This will be the first vote that the people of Scotland have had in a long time that will actually make a difference. For once, the choice is with the people and not the powers that be.......I'm very jealous of the Scottish right now!

They have the ability to look after themselves and export their goods. Their whiskey is sold all over the world, as is their fish and meat. The fact that a few ignorant Brits won't buy food with a Scottish flag on it, is the least of their worries. Plenty of other countries will buy their produce. In fact, it could even surpass their expectations. People might actually prefer Scottish produce to British/English.

I hope this is the start of something special for the Scottish. I hope it's a wake up call for Westminster too.

This will be the first vote that the people of Scotland have had in a long time that will actually make a difference. For once, the choice is with the people and not the powers that be.......I'm very jealous of the Scottish right now!

They can stuff their whisky. as far as I'm concerned It's already overpriced in this part of the world anyway.

Give me Jack Daniels or Jim Beam any day :thumbsup:

Edited by Harleyman

I would love to be a fly on the wall inside Parliament / Westminster tomorrow!

---------- Post added 17-09-2014 at 18:58 ----------

They can stuff their whisky. as far as I'm concerned It's already overpriced in this part of the world anyway.

Give me Jack Daniels or Jim Beam any day :thumbsup:

Nahhh, Buffalo Trace any day :rolleyes:

For now. What, at best 30-40 years worth? Not very long-term plan, relying on it so much.

I wonder if they will they make it cheaper for their own country? That could be a major boost for their economy. And that would make the border interesting :) I doubt they'll do that though. It'll be tax tax tax!

Who ever said anything about ignorant Brits not buying something with a Scotland flag on it? I think as said earlier, majority people will go for cheapest, and I asked if the prices were comparable which would English choose? If the price of a product was same price and quality do you think people in England will buy the Scottish product or English?

I think it's naive to just call people ignorant if they choose the English product. Prices of good quality might stay or even increase but for most wholesale stock it most likely will fall if they want their products down here. There will be an effect, surely you can see that?

I think it could be something slightly better for them, but more likely not. Hence, it's too risky.

If it does work, then perhaps a wake up call for Westminster; if it fails, it will be a wake up call for Scottish people. I know who'll come off worst.

Yep, and that's a good thing. Providing people have the information and knowledge to what happens if it fails. I've not heard anyone discuss long-term strategy if it goes **** up.

Ive had the pleasure of speaking with some Scottish friends over recent days. Only one of them is decided and eager to vote. Hell be voting No. The rest are unsure and worry Alex Salmond is an England hater whos full of it. One goes so far as to call him a racist lol.

some bloke (not sure who he was) stated that people tend to be loyal and buy British. He went on to explain that an independent Scotland would lose the right to use the British brand, resulting in a massive fall of sales for their food and drink industry.

you may not be sure who he was, but I'm sure the guy is a total idiot, if he doesn't even know that the Scotland brand is HUGE, worldwide. Everyone has heard or seen of kilts, and bagpipes, and a heap of other things. There is only one country as small or in the same general class of small size, as Scotland in the world that is the bigger brand with more name recognition - Ireland. There are no two countries in the world, with a population of more than 4, but less than 7 million (and there are a total of 28 of them, excluding Scotland which is not a country yet) that have a higher name recognition than those two.

It's May 2013 and thanks to Cameron, the whole of the UK has the opportunity to decide whether Scotland should become an independent nation.

Salmond isn't keen for soem reason, but he's got the chance to get what he says he, and Scotland, wants.

Everyone has been given the chance to decide whether Scotland stays in the United Kingdom. How will you vote?

YES please! :)

Mel Gibson to renounce US citizenship if YES vote wins. Intends to apply for Scottish nationality. Possible run for office later on Toupee wearing has been Sean Connery also interested.

"Scawts" flocking to Walmart to buy bargain priced DVDs of "Braveheart" now on sale in the two pound bargain bin.

Halcyon days indeed

Mel Gibson to renounce US citizenship if YES vote wins. Intends to apply for Scottish nationality. Possible run for office later on Toupee wearing has been Sean Connery also interested.

"Scawts" flocking to Walmart to buy bargain priced DVDs of "Braveheart" now on sale in the two pound bargain bin.

Halcyon days indeed

:hihi: You almost had me until you went too far with the Braveheart thing lol.