213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

Scotland don't do bombs !!! :hihi:

I will be amazed if they vote Yes.

The Scots are too attached to their purses, they will chose monetary safety over freedom every time.

The Irish were prepared to face up to an Empire and fight for their freedom and take whatever consequences came along.

The Scots only have to make a mark on a voting form to achieve the same result.

I like the Scots as people, they tend to be good company, but as a nation, not so much.

They will impress me for the first time as a nation if they vote Yes, but I doubt they will.

' Bought and sold for English gold, such a parcel of rogues in a nation.'

Rabbie Burns, following the act of union in 1707.

---------- Post added 17-09-2014 at 23:50 ----------

There will be around half the population feeling disenfranchised one way or the other come Friday morning

Better start rebuilding Hadrian's Wall

Hadrians Wall is some considerable distance south of the Scottish border.

The inhabitants of Berwick plus many more English parishes will be a bit upset about that. :)

Next week we're going to visit my brother- in- law, who lives close to Wallsend which is exactly what it says, and it's on the coast east of Newcastle. :)

Edited by mjw47

Balmoral on the market for around 475 thousand quid. Needs a bit of work though. Sultan of Brunei showing some interest in the property.

Kilt burning scheduled 10 AM sharp Friday morning, Sandringham. Highland terriers removed from the premises and on the way to the pound. All Dewars, Johnny Walker and Glen Fiddich to be disposed of down the turlet and replaced with Jameson's and Old Bushmills

Edited by Harleyman

What do you mean some? Try most! Even the no voters don't like us much!

Utter crap! Your average Scott has no problem with England or the English. Just look how many join the army and fight for the UK. They fight for Scotland Wales Ireland and England and they die for us too. Are you seriously suggesting that they join the Army, fight and die and all this time they have some seething resentment towards the hand that feeds them and the hand they lay their lives down to protect?

Utter crap! Your average Scott has no problem with England or the English. Just look how many join the army and fight for the UK. They fight for Scotland Wales Ireland and England and they die for us too. Are you seriously suggesting that they join the Army, fight and die and all this time they have some seething resentment towards the hand that feeds them and the hand they lay their lives down to protect?

I hope you're right and this is reflected in the poll

It was a bit tongue in cheek but over the last few weeks there's evidence that a large number of Scottish people don't like the English much. I've met a few from the forces who don't like the English much either!!