213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

Well what an odd nights sleep I've had, bizarre dreams about Scotland as well

How ironic that the home of whisky actually bottled it when it really mattered

I desperately wanted a YES vote and feel bitterly shattered for the Scottish residents

Days from now, laying in their beds, people will forever regret this chance of freedom!

In years from now as the number of pensioners grow, the receipts from oil dwindle, they will lay in their beds and thank god they stayed.

---------- Post added 19-09-2014 at 09:24 ----------

Milliband has been woeful during this process. Having to play second fiddle to Brown and the badger in a country where Labour see themselves as the leading party is a humiliation too far.

Time he went.

Could you see the relief on Cameron's face while he was doing his speech... all the tension gone. :hihi:

To be fair I'm relieved. I wanted a no. At least the Scottish people had a voice.

Did they though?! See my post #623

Have a look online for the clip. It's very strange. They they cut to an ad break immediately.

@Bedrock: I desperately wanted a YES vote and feel bitterly shattered for the Scottish residents

Why on earth should you feel desperate about this vote? Do you live in Scotland or have any connection with it? If not, I cannot see why it should bother you. There is nothing to feel shattered about - the Scottish have had the privilege of using the democratic process to choose 'yes' or 'no'. This has all been at great expense to us, the beleaguered taxpayer. The vote is a triumph for democracy - the people have spoken and they want to remain part of the United Kingdom. I cannot see that this should cause such angst. :confused:

Then it's time to re-start the debate on abolishing the First Past the Post system in favour of some form of PR. Another referrendum, anyone? :)

I agree Andy. Danny Alexander was looking very smug last night. If the LibDems are playing the long game then their wishes for voting reform and a complete overhaul of the house of lords may yet come true.

I have a feeling that the LibDems may actually have anticipated the required direction of travel for the UK far better than the other two main parties.

Has anyone seen the clip from Sky News?

They showed a picture of a pile of NO votes, but if you look closer, you can see about half of the papers are ticked with a YES vote?!?

Surely there's not been any vote fixing??

The Yes Campaign tweeted that these votes hadn't been counted. They were resting on that table prior to being counted.

I assume like any election, both campaigns had representitives at the count.

So no, no vote fixing!

The Yes Campaign tweeted that these votes hadn't been counted. They were resting on that table prior to being counted.

I assume like any election, both campaigns had representitives at the count.

So no, no vote fixing!

Ok, I haven't seen that as I'm not on twitter and I didn't follow any of the campaign pages on Facebook.

What a mess.

The package that finally won was re-tweaked last week and included more devolved power to Scotland.

As a direct result:-

1. The West Lothian Question becomes more pertinent.

2. Whoever wins the next general election will decide what new powers Scotland will have. After all 'The Pledge' meant different things to different the parties.

3. Will Westminster devolve powers to each 10% package of the Union?

(Scotland is less than 10%)

Yorkshire Qualify's.

Cornwall - probably not.

Wales - maybe?