Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

what a lot of you don't realise is that a lot of the people that voted YES in this election didn't really want independence at all. They just liked the idea of independence. NO was always going to win this. A very interesting election. The Scots flirted with idea of independence flagrantly, this was a dance of celebration with not too much nationalist skullduggery and unpleasantness going on, but in the end they pragmatically decided not to throw themselves off the cliff - even though the water looked enticing it was just too far a drop.

in the end YES lost it on the economy and people were not persuaded.

Salmond could hardly have played it better. He has resigned. The crafty git has been the best performing politician in Britain over the last 10 years out of all of them, by miles.

Agree, independence is always worth the shot, it can't be any worse than centuries of rule!

Yes that's my view.

An interesting thing is that in my experience of the different countries in these islands the Irish from the Republic actually like the English more than any of the rest.

Obviously that is a generalisation, but it has been my experience.

My theory is that it is because the rest of them, including both sides in Northern Ireland, carry a grudge.

The people in the Republic, other than a few exceptions, don't. They gained their independence by force in 1922.

Whilst accepting that Britain shouldn't still be involved in their country they also appreciate that it's not as simple as that,and there are complications.

The past actions of the IRA have caused them to feel sympathy with the English and they also appreciate the tolerance shown by most, if not all, English people toward them.

The other inhabitants of these islands still resent the English being top dog in their countries.

The Scots had a chance to change that and bottled it.

In fairness, as I said, it's a generalisation, and most of us get along well, it's just that the ones carrying a grudge tend to be the most vociferous.

It was a win win for scotland , More powers than england even with the no vote! Smart move the scottish made.

The new powers will never happen, it's like the medieval ages, oh we need more lands, powers and titles :loopy:

The new powers will be a carrot on a string dangling in front of a dumb cat who panders to every need, wake up!

The new powers will never happen, it's like the medieval ages, oh we need more lands, powers and titles :loopy:

The new powers will be a carrot on a string dangling in front of a dumb cat who panders to every need, wake up!

You keep telling yourself that my friend lol.

Anyway stop messing about on this forum and put in for overtime to send the extra cash to Scotland that they are promised for voting NO.

Edited by NightHawk33