Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

We most certainly are not! However if I asked you to jump off a cliff into the unknown would you do it? That's why Yes didn't succeed - there were just too many vague promises with no substance being made. Tho who voted No are not unpatriotic - far from it. Scotland requires no-ones pity.

---------- Post added 20-09-2014 at 23:37 ----------

No they didn't at all.

It failed because the people over 65 feared the unknown, the younger generations were ready and willing to embrace it.

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 08:00 ----------

I didn't get a vote as a Scot because I live here. Should I have had one ? No I don't think so because I don't live there so on that basis people who do should correctly have a vote. All countries have a transitory population. Business = money= economics therefore will impact any politcal decision. This had nothing to do with RBS changing its registered address to London.

It was always going to be close and roughly half the population wasn;t going to get what it wanted no matter which way it went. Scotland now has to make sure it gets the powers promised and they have done the rest of the UK a huge favour inforcing electoral reform here as well.

I would have gone with 12 to 40 year olds, Scottish born and living in Scotland.

We most certainly are not! However if I asked you to jump off a cliff into the unknown would you do it? That's why Yes didn't succeed - there were just too many vague promises with no substance being made. Tho who voted No are not unpatriotic - far from it. Scotland requires no-ones pity.

---------- Post added 20-09-2014 at 23:37 ----------

Well, you weren't being asked to jump of a cliff were you?

You were being handed the opportunity for self determination, a chance to stand on your own back legs and show the world what Scotland can achieve as a free and sovereign Nation.

You bottled it.

Scotland the Brave! :hihi:

" And send em Home boys, to think again" :hihi:

" They'll never take our Freedom!" :hihi:

We didn't have to take it, you handed it over gift wrapped.

Other Nations fought and died for their independence ,and can take their place as equals to any Nation on Earth.

Scotland was offered it without having to make any sacrifice, apart from a period of uncertainty, which, as the talented people they are they could have dealt with.

But no, it's all about the bawbees with the Scots.

Be ashamed, be very ashamed. :)

No exit polls allowed is very suspicious.

I believe the vote was likely rigged.

http://www.sott.net/article/286057-Scottish-referendum-result-undoubtedly-rigged

The day after the vote, I thought the no vote had won fair and square and being a fan of fair play and democracy I was happy with the result, so imagine how sickened I was to see clear video evidence of cheating going on published on youtube.

Look at these cacky fingered little scumbags caught red handed:-

This makes me question how widespread the cheating went and who was behind it: if we can't run a free and fair election ........ :rant:

None of those show any clear evidence of vote rigging - that's just the (mis)interpretation of the commentator.

I mean - if you're intent on vote rigging would you really allow TV cameras in in the first place.

Have the SNP made any allegations of vote rigging?

And yet Puerto Rico recently decided to join the USA as the 51st state. Some times folk like a bit of security which is why the UK moved on from small independent communities trying to defend hill forts.

This is a list of the UK's diplomatic missions around the world. They don't come cheap but if you expect to do business abroad they come in very handy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diplomatic_missions_of_the_United_Kingdom

So, we are now comparing Scotland with Puerto Rico, a country originally occupied by an aboriginal people?

A Spanish colony from 1493 til 1897 when it became a Spanish overseas province until the Americans took it over in 1898.

A country with nearly 2 million less population than Scotland, a pygmy amongst Giants.

Yes, I can see the similarities, Scotland , England's Puerto Rico.

Works for me. :)

None of those show any clear evidence of vote rigging - that's just the (mis)interpretation of the commentator.

I mean - if you're intent on vote rigging would you really allow TV cameras in in the first place.

Have the SNP made any allegations of vote rigging?

Turn the sound off and it still plainly shows yes votes on the no pile on the sky news report and you can clearly see that woman moving the votes from one pile to the other on the mobile phone footage.

It doesn't even need a commentary it's pretty obvious what they are doing, I'd love to hear their explanation as to what exactly was going on.

Turn the sound off and it still plainly shows yes votes on the no pile on the sky news report and you can clearly see that woman moving the votes from one pile to the other on the mobile phone footage.

It doesn't even need a commentary it's pretty obvious what they are doing, I'd love to hear their explanation as to what exactly was going on.

I'm suspicious of that video though. It wouldn't be difficult for someone to manipulate the image so that it shows a NO on the white piece of paper attached to the table rather than a YES. It would explain why they only show a YES on the ballot papers when they zoom in rather than a mixture of results.

Remember that this was being shown live on TV and there is very little fuss about it, so if the allegations were true it'll be the lamest coverup in history.

I wonder how much money the person who hosted this video on Youtube made from showing the video?

Those on the sky news report were waiting to be sorted - tweet here from the Yes Dundee campaign.

https://twitter.com/YesDundee

"To clarify, ballot papers have not yet been sorted into Yes/No and are just resting on table where No will go once sorted. No need to worry."