Scottish Independence

A wee question of Scottish independence  

213 members have voted

1. 1. A wee question of Scottish independence

• I'm Scottish and I vote "YES", we should self-govern
    • I'm Scottish and I vote "NO", we should stay in the UK
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "YES", let them go
    • I'm English, Welsh or Irish, and I vote "NO", keep them in

I'm suspicious of that video though. It wouldn't be difficult for someone to manipulate the image so that it shows a NO on the white piece of paper attached to the table rather than a YES. It would explain why they only show a YES on the ballot papers when they zoom in rather than a mixture of results.

Remember that this was being shown live on TV and there is very little fuss about it, so if the allegations were true it'll be the lamest coverup in history.

I wonder how much money the person who hosted this video on Youtube made from showing the video?

These videos are going viral I didn't look for them they were 'the most popular on you tube', I don't think the youtubers revenue is the issue really there are many people hosting the same footage and now I'm looking there's no shortage of dodgy looking stuff regarding this vote.

It all looks dodgy to me but I'd be interested to hear the explanations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzGFSbX7E8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgNcQCDRV9c

Edited by NorthernStar

These videos are going viral I didn't look for them they were 'the most popular on you tube', I don't think the youtubers revenue is the issue really there are many people hosting the same footage and now I'm looking there's no shortage of dodgy looking stuff regarding this vote.

It all looks dodgy to me but I'd be interested to hear the explanations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzGFSbX7E8I

Simply emptying the ballot box before the votes are counted.

Those on the sky news report were waiting to be sorted - tweet here from the Yes Dundee campaign.

https://twitter.com/YesDundee

"To clarify, ballot papers have not yet been sorted into Yes/No and are just resting on table where No will go once sorted. No need to worry."

I hope that is true and explanations to all of the other accusations can be adequately explained as well.

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 14:11 ----------

Simply emptying the ballot box before the votes are counted.

But if they were apparently randomly posted through the slot by individual voters why are they in a nice tidy stack?

I hope that is true and explanations to all of the other accusations can be adequately explained as well.

All?

I can only see three or four albeit repeated again and again - two are quite clearly votes waiting to be counted (the sky one evidenced by the yes campaign themselves).

The women appears to be sorting rather than counting.

But if they were apparently randomly posted through the slot by individual voters why are they in a nice tidy stack?

Ooooo, let me think.

Perhaps they sort the votes into stacks first (say bundles of 100) so each person gets to count approx the same number of votes.

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 14:29 ----------

Good grief, are people still crying about this? Get over it

Oh come on Mecky - our conspiracy theorists haven't had anything new to play with for a while :)

Can they have another vote?

On 12 June 2008 the Irish rejected the Treaty of Lisbon so they had another go on the 2 October 2009 and accepted it this time. If the Irish can do it why not let the Scots have another go, we may be able to get rid of them this time, after all almost 45% of them don't want anything to do with us, that can only mean more trouble in the future for us.

It's ridiculous that in the year 2014 we are still voting by making crosses on bits of paper. It's just a recipe for corruption.

Don't you remember the American elections of 2000?

In that year the technologically advanced Americans used Hi Tech machines to vote and it took months to get a result in Florida because of "Hanging Chads"

Seriously? A conspiracy theory claiming that despite the fact that all but one opinion poll predicted a no vote, the bookies had NO as a nailed on certainty, you think that a coordinated fix took place involving hundreds of volunteers/low wage workers across 30 odd counties. The evidence - a handful of grainy videos with absolutely no context . GET A GRIP PEOPLE

Edited by Detetcive