Banker`s Draft top!!

jemson

Do they have security door staff? I've not been there for years.

Usually if a pub has door staff, they sort out the problem and the police are rarely summoned. If they do call, then perhaps it's the policy of the bar to inform the police. It could also be them calling to divulge intelligence they have.

Without knowing the details of the calls I'd be curious to know whether all the calls came from staff. Sometimes people call from the pub about other issues but it gets tagged to the pub.

If there was a huge problem then there'd be a licence review. Look at what happened with the Student Union bar this last week when a girl was knocked down by a bus - a review was called.

It's run by Wetherspoons who have a good reputation as a chain.

Remember the article was in the Star who don't represent the best in journalism.

In my experience you don't see as much trouble as you might think at spoons when you consider the location,opening hours and price of beer,maybe its the lack of music that not only kills the atmosphere but reduces the likleyhood of things to "kick off" ;)

eh ? the huntsman, barnsley road, is on this list and it got flattened years ago !

I'm from that area originally, and can't for the life of me picture where The Huntsman used to be. Where abouts on Barnsley Rd was it please? (Was it on the junction below where Hillards's used to be, thinking on....) :)

Typical Star, taken from that article:

"And in August 2011, the data shows police were called to the Dore & Totley Golf Club after a report of badger baiting."

What on earth has that got to do with the headline:

"Bar trouble: South Yorks Police called out 11,000 times to tackle pub disorder"

Were the golfers or the badgers being unruly?

Archived