Child beating dad questions

My dad twice gave me and my brother serious beatings when we were about 10/11 yrs. old in 198/1. It's dawning on me what a serious crime this was and I'm thinking of doing one or both of the following. Going to the police and pressing charges or going to a solicitors to pursue compensation. Does anyone know if either of these things are possible. Thanks.

It would be difficult to get it to stand up without any form of evidence beyond your word. It would take a very organised effort from all your family aswell. If you were isolated then you'd struggle.

If it is really something you want to do then go for it, but have a talk with your brother first.

It would be difficult to get it stand up without any form of evidence beyond your word. It would take a very organised effort from all your family aswell. If you were isolated then you'd struggle.

If it is really something you want to do then go for it, but have a talk with your brother first.

Do you think the police would take me seriously if I told them i wanted to press charges? Also If it came to court and my mum and dad and probably both of my brothers wives who've probably been told about it (my mum has said my brother's brought it up quite often, I'm guessing more than me 'caus I've only ever mentioned it to her twice or thrice) could be called to give evidence which would mean they'd have to commit perjury or back me up.

My dad twice gave me and my brother serious beatings when we were about 10/11 yrs. old in 198/1. It's dawning on me what a serious crime this was and I'm thinking of doing one or both of the following. Going to the police and pressing charges or going to a solicitors to pursue compensation. Does anyone know if either of these things are possible. Thanks.

What beats did you get and what for ?

Also, bear in mind this was the norm back in the early 80s (and earlier). And why bring it up now ? - have you recently fallen out with your dad ? :cool:

What beats did you get and what for ?

Also, bear in mind this was the norm back in the early 80s (and earlier). And why bring it up now ? - have you recently fallen out with your dad ? :cool:

He's thrown me out of his house despite the fact I've got mental health problems. Compensation would help me stave off desitution and even suicide. So I suppose I am exploiting the situation but what he's doing now and what he did then is unconscionable and he should not be allowed to get away with it.

You say serious beatings, were you and your brother taken to hospital if so they will still have a record of this, I would have thought if it was a severe beating this would have been reported to the police/social services at the time. Are you still in contact with your father and why after all this time do you feel the need to report it to the police or try and claim compensation from your father?

You say serious beatings, were you and your brother taken to hospital if so they will still have a record of this, I would have thought if it was a severe beating this would have been reported to the police/social services at the time. Are you still in contact with your father and why after all this time do you feel the need to report it to the police or try and claim compensation from your father?

Not we didn't go to hopsital We were battered with fists and kicked in a way I would have to say was serious for a man in his 30's to administer to 2 10/11 yrs. olds.

Archived