Child beating dad questions

He's thrown me out of his house despite the fact I've got mental health problems. Compensation would help me stave off desitution and even suicide. So I suppose I am exploiting the situation but what he's doing now and what he did then is unconscionable and he should not be allowed to get away with it.

Not a lawyer, but if it did goto court your dad's solicitor will have something to say along the lines of, the beatings couldn't have been that bad as you continued to live with him, and as you put it in your own words you are exploiting the situation for your own personal gain.

It is truly terrible that your Dad did that to you, and I know well the feelings of bitterness that it can bring but really what will it gain you now to try to do something about it? I understand that you need the finances, but will it help your mental health to rake up all of the old feelings? are you sure that its worth it?

So in 1981 you were 10, which makes you 40 ish now.

In post #6 you state he's kicked you out of the house.

So you're saying that even though he gave you a vicious beating when you were a child, you've lived with him for the following 30 years?

i moved back in with my parents 4 yrs. ago because of mental health problems. he's not taking them seriously and is forcing me to try and cope. I've all but begged him to let me stay just so I can simply cope with life but he's such a hard-faced ******* he's not caring anymore. I wouldn't mind but I've not been causing any trouble and making a scene or anthing. He's just become ruthlessly calllous and selfish. I mean what kind of a parent throws a mentally unwell person out of their house?

It is truly terrible that your Dad did that to you, and I know well the feelings of bitterness that it can bring but really what will it gain you now to try to do something about it? I understand that you need the finances, but will it help your mental health to rake up all of the old feelings? are you sure that its worth it?

Just thinking about it is assuaging my anger at him for throwing me out. I hate him for being such a hard faced *******. I'm genuinely worried how I'm going to cope and him saying 'well you'll just have to try' is just not good enough. I feel like I've been given a death sentence.

My dad twice gave me and my brother serious beatings when we were about 10/11 yrs. old in 198/1. It's dawning on me what a serious crime this was and I'm thinking of doing one or both of the following. Going to the police and pressing charges or going to a solicitors to pursue compensation. Does anyone know if either of these things are possible. Thanks.

I thought this was Deja Vu, i have just read the same thread on the Digital Spy Forums

:D

Just thinking about it is assuaging my anger at him for throwing me out. I hate him for being such a hard faced *******. I'm genuinely worried how I'm going to cope and him saying 'well you'll just have to try' is just not good enough. I feel like I've been given a death sentence.

Perhaps he can't cope himself living with a mentally ill person, I know someone who can't deal with it at all so has cut themselves off from this particular person as it was affecting their own wellbeing !

Perhaps he can't cope himself living with a mentally ill person, I know someone who can't deal with it at all so has cut themselves off from this particular person as it was affecting their own wellbeing !

It was affecting his well being but not to the extent that it justifies putting a mentally unwell person out and telling them to 'just try' to cope!

To the OP.

Perusing a claim on the grounds you have stated here would be incredibly difficult to achieve a 'win'.. Even if you did 'win', what exactly would you achieve? It would not be the equivalent of a jackpot lottery win, enough to solve your entire financial problems.. It would be a 'few quid' that would be gone in a week or two and more importantly, it would most likely destroy your already strained relationship with your family forever.

Clearly, you are at a 'low ebb' right now and i would suggest seeking professional help for this rather than trying to solve your problems by way of revenge on a man who has clearly stood by you and try to help you as much as possible. OK, the beating(s) are abhorrent but in fairness, you have not said why you got the beating(s) nor have implied that this was anything more than a 'one off'. Perhaps when it happened, your Dad was at a 'low ebb' himself and made a mistake by taking out his frustration on your behaviour at the time? - Just a thought, thats all.

Either ways, i would suggest serious professional help for your current state of mind instead of making matters worse by taking the actions you threaten.

That's the number for East Glade Centre if you don't fall into south east CN service then they will be able to advise you of the phone number which covers you.

Give them a call and explain your MH status and they will point you in the direction of some help.

Archived