Child beating dad questions

It may possibly be worth trying to make a claim that your father's actions have contributed to your current mental health issues, which it may well have. However, you would need evidence of a history of abuse, with either medical records (which you say there are none) and/or witnesses. I imagine that such a suit would be costly and protracted. Would your brother be prepared to back you up?

In the meantime, I would seek some professional help to try and come to terms with your abuse. If you ever feel desperate and/or suicidal, please phone Samaritans which is available 24/7.

My dad twice gave me and my brother serious beatings when we were about 10/11 yrs. old in 198/1. It's dawning on me what a serious crime this was and I'm thinking of doing one or both of the following. Going to the police and pressing charges or going to a solicitors to pursue compensation. Does anyone know if either of these things are possible. Thanks.

Simple answer? ..... Yes. Both are possible.

You can go to the police and make a complaint.

Whether they think that there is enough evidence to charge him is up to them.

Whether the CPS think that there is enough evidence to gain a conviction is up to them.

Considering your own admission of mental health problems, the validity of your memories etc. are likely to be questioned.

You can go to solicitors in order to pursue anything that you want. You may get nowhere and without money to pay a solicitor, so it is also likely to fizzle out.

Hi I'm sorry to say that this reads as though you don't really care about the beatings you got as a child but as an excuse just to get back at him for throwing you out now & as a way to try & get a bit of cash thrown in too. If it was because you thought he should be prosecuted for what he did to you when you were a child then you would have my full sympathies but I'm sorry if it's just an excuse for revenge for now I can't sympathise (also be aware that this motivation would be picked up & used against you by any solicitor)

Can we all please think before posting. This is clearly an emotive topic, but one that we would like to keep open.

Any more personal attacks will result in suspension of accounts.

Archived