Growing Old - Your Feelings?

Having lost my 82 yo Mum last year it has brought age to the front of my attention lately, I have arthritis and having seen how Mum ended up with it does little for my optimism of the future, also not helped by the fact that I am aware of being now the oldest person in my family :(

But I am trying to drag myself out of my rut and this way of thinking, I am not old and life is to be lived, this year I plan to start living in a much better and different way and have made a start on making that happen :)

I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling this way. My mum is just turning 53 and has arthiritis quite bad. I'm really frightened of her getting older and becoming frail but most of all i'm terrified of losing her as she is my best friend. Ageing is cruel.

I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling this way. My mum is just turning 53 and has arthiritis quite bad. I'm really frightened of her getting older and becoming frail but most of all i'm terrified of losing her as she is my best friend. Ageing is cruel.

That brought a tear to my eye, I know just how you feel, having been there and the worst happened, but your Mum is not old and you should have her for a long time yet.

I know its hard but try not to stress about her health, it will only take away from all of the good times still to come for you both...and believe me there will be loads and loads of them, just enjoy your life and enjoy your Mum, you owe it to both of you x

Growing older is a journey we all have to take,unless we die young.

Its great if your fit and healty,and can have many advantages.

it can be a worry though when you start to feel the brain cells are on the decline.

i speak from experience. :confused: please pretend not to have noticed.

Can I ask how old you are?

I am 51 and its not the day to day things that I think of, it’s the longer term things.

Last year I became a Grandad and I think when she is 20 I will be 71 :o, what will it be like in 2031?

On the news there is talk of a high speed rail link From London to Leeds and I think even if they started it straight away I wouldn’t see it completed.

I am almost 36.

Life is a journey, similar to playing a musical instrument. It's not about trying to imitate your favourite musician, the most important thing is what You learn on Your journey.

I love the journey and instrument bits, but it's the health thing that I find scary.

Archived