Growing Old - Your Feelings?

The fear..if you can call it fear is when your fully alight in the brain department but the rest is kernackered and someone has to feed you gruel and come at you with a big cold damp cloth at bath time.

Shudders.

OMG do you need help to escape?:suspect:

fifty...fabulous...fit and lovin life....dont worry you young ones ...old age is FAB :)

Fifty is YOUNG! At 65 I like my life. I don't miss having to go to work, I meet friends, and have plenty of 'me' time. I enjoy spending time with our small grandchildren :love:, I do a bit of voluntary work, and I feel there are loads of opportunities to do new things. I believe we carry on learning all our lives, perhaps a bit more slowly as we age, but so what!

I accept that there is only one alternative to aging, and I'm not nearly ready for that yet. :o

Fifty is YOUNG! At 65 I like my life. I don't miss having to go to work, I meet friends, and have plenty of 'me' time. I enjoy spending time with our small grandchildren :love:, I do a bit of voluntary work, and I feel there are loads of opportunities to do new things. I believe we carry on learning all our lives, perhaps a bit more slowly as we age, but so what!

I accept that there is only one alternative to aging, and I'm not nearly ready for that yet. :o

this thread inspired my thread Ms Macbeth......what do you love about being older.... i.e. 50 + 34 is very young IMO ....AO :D....definately not OLD :o

I'm extremely frightened of getting old. For me though, it's the appearance part that scares me. I've just turned 27 and life seems to have started accelerating. I don't want wrinkles and grey hair. You start realising how you have taken your youth for granted and wondering how it could have gone so quickly. I would like to be relaxed about getting old but I'm not and I know as the years go by it will only get worse. Is there anything to look forward to about it?

I suppose it depends a lot on what you put in your life to look forward to. All i would ask for was freedom of movement until the end, the rest is already in place in the shape of people I know, have known and will get to know.

What about the milestones that we pass along the way?

18 and being legally old enough to buy a pint

21 and getting ****** at Blackpool

Passing my driving Test

Getting married

Becoming a dad

Paying mortgage off

Going on a cruise

Silver wedding anniversary

Realising you are old enough for a Saga holiday rather than a 18 /30 one

Becoming a Grandad

Looking at funeral plan leaflets / life insurance plans.

So what comes next, other than retirement and a bus pass what other milestones lay ahead?

Archived