Growing Old - Your Feelings?

First of all Happy Birthday Ruby Dazzler......:clap:

I have only just seen this thread and have been reading through it for the last 20 mins or so. The one thing I have noticed is that no one has said that growing old is more a state of mind than anything else I know people in their 40's who seem a lot older than people in their 60's because they think and act older.

I am in my 50's and not in fantastic health but I have good days and bad days and I grab those good days by the throat and enjoy them, the bad days I mollycoddle myself, I settle in with a good book or film and don't leave the house. I drink hot chocolate and eat what I feel like and I do have a brilliant husband who helps a lot on those days too.

I have 5 beautiful grandaughters whose ages range from 5 to 17 and I am lucky at they love to spend time here with us and they make me feel younger.

There is an old saying I can't remember it all (that must be the age :hihi:) but it goes Sing like no one is listening, dance as if no one is watching and live each day as if it were your last, and that is the way to approach life. Enjoy it whatever age you are.

Archived