Bacon ?? Whats so wrong with it ?

Not often I agree with Mr Baehr, but I think he's right on the money here.

Not often I agree with Mr Halibut, but I think he's right on the money agreeing with Mr Baehr.

A lot of these religious prohibitions had their roots in basic common sense hygiene at the time they were written.

Not often I agree with Mr Halibut, but I think he's right on the money agreeing with Mr Baehr.

A lot of these religious prohibitions had their roots in basic common sense hygiene at the time they were written.

I find myself agreeing with all three of you on this one.

Errr... There weren't any Christians when Leviticus was written.:hihi:

In Biblical times (both before Christ was born and afterwards) there weren't many refrigerators around, either.

If you leave pork (or shellfish, which are also banned for the same reason) lying around they will produce toxins (not just bacteria) which are not destroyed by cooking.

If you eat old pork or old shellfish, you may well die. Beef and goat meat, along with fish (other than shellfish) can be dried and eaten safely. Perhaps somebody realised that and used religious rules to stop people from poisoning themselves?

Pork scratchings last forever :hihi::hihi:

It’s a pity that God doesn’t exist, because if it did, it could have also told them the planes, cars and many other things are also dangerous to your health, and they wouldn’t use them.

It is amazing that groups of people won’t eat something that was considered dangerous 2000 years ago, but is now safe, but they put themselves in danger every time they drive a car, and driving wasn’t promoted in the respective religious books.

Archived