Ron Paul comes second in American Primaries

How is that relevant? Does the thread title mention New Hampshire or does it say 'Ron Paul came second in the American Primaries?'

As I said in my post - which you seem to be determined to ignore - the American primaries have just started.

The OP isn't American. She has no idea how many primaries there are. She is obviously referring to the News from yesterday about New Hampshire. Stop arguing semantics just because you don't have a point to make.

You're quite right. I put it badly.

But my main point was the lack of positive mainstream media coverage for this candidate, which I think says a lot about media manipulation.

You really want mainstream coverage for a a guy who endorsed someone who is basically a white separatist in the 2008?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Baldwin

The 33% cuts in to the fat whilst the 15% cuts in to the bone.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Cutting income tax is always going to put more money into the pockets of the better off - especially when Paul is going to cut welfare to the bone.

Do the working class benefit??

Glad you are still watching this thread Anna B. ;) Are you still watching the occupy thread too?

Yes I'm still hear and enjoying people's thoughts on the subject. Actually I'm quite surprised at the response. I didn't think that many British people would have heard of him, much less be interested.

(When I first posted I had a senior moment and couldn't remember the name New Hampshire, hence the 'American' gaffe. SF members are very astute and quite rightly won't let anything pass unchallenged)

I'm still watching the occupy thread too. It's very difficult for some people to be convinced, but the fact that it's still alive and kicking must mean something.

...Those genuine members of the military who do support Paul need to realize that if Paul's policies as president did ever happen then many of them would get redundancy slips.

There would be absolutely no need whatsoever to mantain a huge standing army based soley within in the United States. Taxpayers are not going to want to subsidise hundreds of thousands of military personnel sitting around in barrack rooms and navy yards in a country that no longer wants a policy of being the world leader and protector of democracy...

Many of them are getting redundancy slips already. The drawdowns and force-reshaping in Europe and Asia were planned by General Jones - a Marine. That plan was written (and accepted) long before Obama stood for the presidency.

Those drawdowns have gone more slowly than planned for a number of reasons - including the lack of accommodation in the US for masses of returning servicemen, their families, support personnel and their families - but they are still happening.

I usually dislike republicans too. Ron Paul is different. Like you said he is more libertarian. He appeals to traditional republican values whereas the rest of the party is republican in name only.

Where did I say that?

I agree, congress is riddled with special interests. When the president is moving in a progressive direction he is thwarted at every possible opportunity. When he is moving in a fascist direction he is like a lion. The power of the office comes only when the president is supporting powerful interests. If I were Ron Paul and I got elected I would have most of congress arrested under the new NDAA provisions while they were all individually investigated for crimes of treason.

I dont see Paul as being a particular friend of the middle class working person. Certainly he is against such things as Social Security and Medicare and maybe union power.

The fact that he's chosen to be a Republican makes me highly suspicious of him

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Cutting income tax is always going to put more money into the pockets of the better off - especially when Paul is going to cut welfare to the bone.

Do the working class benefit??

The working class is being strangled by the banking cartel. Ending the fed is the primary objective. Everything else is just window dressing.

Archived