Science or superstition, which will kill off the human race?

How are we going to go?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How are we going to go?

• Science
    • Supersition
    • Natural causes

I'd say that would be superstition.

Caveat: I'm assuming that the religious madman wasn't right all along and he's sat in clover being massaged with myrrh by nubile seraphims while angelic hoards sing three part backing harmonies to Tupac's lead, while I have my bottom jabbed by little demons.

Dream on Tony.

I believe it'll be due to our ever increasing desire to be clean to the level of an operating theatre in everyday life.

Anti-bacterial wipes, hand-santisers etc, kitchen surface sanitisers.

None of these were around outside a hospital when I was a kid and I've grown up fine.

My sister is an absolute pain in the arse for it with my niece.

I'm not a dirty person niether is my home dirty but she barely lets her daughter out of her sight when she comes round in case she touches something "that might not be clean"

• 4 weeks later...
Science or superstition, which will kill off the human race?

Will we unleash a biological death worthy of a fiction, or split the atom where no atoms should be split?

Shall gods and fear of a no life everlasting condemn us an eternal purgatory?

Or might nature have the last laugh?

A 33 meter rock falling out of the sky would explode with the power of a thousand times the power of the bombs dropped on japan.

Science will kill off religion. Humans will likely make the planet a very tough place for ourselves to live through our scientific advances not being treated with the respect they deserve. Population will diminish and a virus or something will finish us off. Think we have a few thousand years left at least. We could go on for millions of years if we act sensibly and use science for peaceful means and exploration. If we're just going to abuse it then it will bite us.

Archived