Hilarious balancing acts in Lidl n Aldi ..

Why don't they provide baskets in Lidl and Aldi?!! i really like these shops (and they are great value with some excellent brands and i'm finding myself in there more and more these days) but find i end up with precariously balanced jars, bottles and other produce because i don't do a 'big' shop very often, so don't really want to be bothered with a trolley - sometimes you can grab a box on your way around, but my luck usually means i end up with one with the bottom falling out!! (or i fill a tote bag i have with me, then worry that i look like i'm shoplifting!) Hmmmm.

Why are there no baskets at Aldi?

To have both baskets and trolleys only adds to the costs, which leads to higher prices. Trolleys are easier to use. And with our £1.00 deposit system, they’re less likely to go walkabout.

From Aldi's official FAQ here, hope this helps.

Why don't they provide baskets in Lidl and Aldi?!! i really like these shops (and they are great value with some excellent brands and i'm finding myself in there more and more these days) but find i end up with precariously balanced jars, bottles and other produce because i don't do a 'big' shop very often, so don't really want to be bothered with a trolley - sometimes you can grab a box on your way around, but my luck usually means i end up with one with the bottom falling out!! (or i fill a tote bag i have with me, then worry that i look like i'm shoplifting!) Hmmmm.

I think you answered your own question.

How can it make more sense to 'hope' to find a box without the bottom falling out of it, then just getting a trolley, that you don't have to carry?

Archived