Hilarious balancing acts in Lidl n Aldi ..

I think you answered your own question.

How can it make more sense to 'hope' to find a box without the bottom falling out of it, then just getting a trolley, that you don't have to carry?

The problem is the trolleys require you to have a pound coin handy. I don't always have one and the Lidl trolleys won't take trolley tokens.

I've been left with the options of queueing for a pound coin or shopping elsewhere. I normally do the latter.

Of course the other problem is ofthe stores own making. You often find folks taking half full boxes and stacking the goods back on the shelves. I've seen bottles fall from the shelves in the Lidl on several occasions.

Once saw a Sheffield United fan in Aldi wearing a football shirt 4 times too small for him and all the brugers were slidiing off the top of the mountain of food in his shopping trolley.

Another time I saw Cruella de Vil in Aldi. I call her that because she had a white fur coat white black dots on it and a Dalmation is the only animal I could think of which has that fur. Her coat was bald on the elbows and had backed beans stains down the front.

Archived