Golden eagle on loose in South Yorkshire

Happens quite often up here in Sotland.Old lady taking dog for a leisurely stroll on the west coast.Down swoops the eagle,and in no time at all the wee chicks are tucking in.

You've obviously never been to Barnburgh. Not exactly classic eagle country!

1 metre wing span sounds very small for a Golden Eagle.

There are plenty of buzzards around and they are bigger than that. This sounds like news making flim flam.

The RSPCA officer is quoted as saying that it's likely to be a buzzard or some sort of eagle, and several species are a possibility.

"Golden Eagle" makes for a more exciting headline, though!

Alarming news for owners of small dogs etc. I shall be carrying a heavy stick and an air raid siren in future!

http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/90970/south-yorkshire-pet-owners-fight-off-eagle-attack-with-walking-stick.aspx

is clarkson still writing for the advertiser? this sounds like one of his wind ups!!

I had an eagle owl swoop down for my dog last year abroad.Walking in the dark it just appeared out of nowhere and looked huge.I carry a led lenser P7 torch so got a good look at it in full beam.Luckily the dog was a bit too much for it and it broke off the dive about 4 feet from him.He has white fur so probably looked like a rabbit from above.I got him back on the lead sharpish.

Archived